What Do You Guys Think Of My Back Handspring Tutorial?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

quote="Bellafrickinboo, post: 451197, member: 13177"]No not a back walkover, but yeah would be nice with a tutorial for that.... I ment taking a few steps before the backhandspring for extra power.[/quote]
Ooooooh, gotcha. I come from gymnastics and we don't really do the step back into tumbling, I can figure it out though and make a tut, it'll just take a bit of time... What pass are you trying to get faster at?

I had a back handspring for 11 years and by far this is the best tutorial. Could you give one on like fulls, arabians, punch fronts?

I'm a coach for a rec team. My 25 girls have a huge range of skills - some of them came to the team having never tried a forward roll, and some are working on RO BHS tuck series. As I'm the only coach, I find it difficult to spend a ton of time going over the minutiae of the mechanics of the skill (of course, I take the time to explain the skill and how to perform it safely, just not in this much detail). I shared this tutorial with my cheerleaders and I'm also going to be taking highlights from it to help teach BHS. This is SO helpful. Thank you!

I'm a coach for a rec team. My 25 girls have a huge range of skills - some of them came to the team having never tried a forward roll, and some are working on RO BHS tuck series. As I'm the only coach, I find it difficult to spend a ton of time going over the minutiae of the mechanics of the skill (of course, I take the time to explain the skill and how to perform it safely, just not in this much detail). I shared this tutorial with my cheerleaders and I'm also going to be taking highlights from it to help teach BHS. This is SO helpful. Thank you!
Wow, thanks so much for the comment, I know what you mean with the difficulties of having that many kids at the same time all by yourself and not having a whole lot of time with them, not to mention kids attention spans aren't what they used to be, lol. I'm glad it helped =]

quote="Bellafrickinboo, post: 451197, member: 13177"]No not a back walkover, but yeah would be nice with a tutorial for that.... I ment taking a few steps before the backhandspring for extra power.
Ooooooh, gotcha. I come from gymnastics and we don't really do the step back into tumbling, I can figure it out though and make a tut, it'll just take a bit of time... What pass are you trying to get faster at?[/quote]
That would be awesome. I guess I need more speed/power in my standing backhand spring...

Ooooooh, gotcha. I come from gymnastics and we don't really do the step back into tumbling, I can figure it out though and make a tut, it'll just take a bit of time... What pass are you trying to get faster at?
That would be awesome. I guess I need more speed/power in my standing backhand spring...[/quote]
any video of it, maybe its a problem that can be fixed without the step back.

@ CoachFrank203 would you be willing to look at a video of my daughter and help her out? She got her handspring 8 months ago and it still looks rough. No one seems to be able to figure out how to help her. Wish you were in PA I'd have her in for some privates ASAP.

@ CoachFrank203 would you be willing to look at a video of my daughter and help her out? She got her handspring 8 months ago and it still looks rough. No one seems to be able to figure out how to help her. Wish you were in PA I'd have her in for some privates ASAP.
Yeah, I'd be happy to, and thanks :)

I love the tutorial, I coached tumbling for a long time, but for some reason it is my own daughter who never seems to listen when I correct her tumbling, so I am going to have her watch ALL of your videos and hope that that sink in! :)

I love the tutorial, I coached tumbling for a long time, but for some reason it is my own daughter who never seems to listen when I correct her tumbling, so I am going to have her watch ALL of your videos and hope that that sink in! :)
Thanks so much! I've seen that plenty of times with coaches I've worked with and their kids do youre def not alone, lol. Let me know if there is any specific skill she needs that I haven't cover yet :)

Back