All-Star What Do You Think About Cea's New Location In Charlotte?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

No, I'm not going to elaborate because it was not related to the post. That doesn't mean that I don't have multiple reasons for my position on the matter.
No CEA isn't the bad guys, never said that. But yes, in my opinion, CAC is the good guys. I teach my children and they reinforce the importance of character and sportsmanship as well as playing by the rules. They are not a win at all cost program and value the role that they play in the lives of our children. Of course, not everyone can be happy all of the time and of course people have the right to make the choices that are the best for themselves and go elsewhere. It has absolutely NOTHING to do with any other program. It's up to the CEA people to determine if they feel like they are also the good guys.
There are a lot of side handed remarks about CEA in this post, but I'm quite sure "you didn't say that". What is win at all costs?

PghxCheer2
I think I will be checking out that gym for my summer training as well ;)

Aviator has got a really good thing going there. Keith was my daughter's first tumbling coach and I believe Ashley used ot be on Teal. Keith actually convinced my CP to join Allstars. I've got a lot of respect for them and enjoy watching their teams.

Aviator has got a really good thing going there. Keith was my daughter's first tumbling coach and I believe Ashley used ot be on Teal. Keith actually convinced my CP to join Allstars. I've got a lot of respect for them and enjoy watching their teams.
could you give me some time estimates of the gyms around charlotte from downtown?

could you give me some time estimates of the gyms around charlotte from downtown?

I'm going to guestimate....

Aviator is actually in Gastonia but they are almost a suburb of Charlotte. Maybe 20-30 minutes depending on traffic but its mostly highway.

CAC is in South Charlotte which can be a 20 minute drive with no traffic or 45 during heavy.

The CEA location would be slightly further than CAC. Maybe add 5 min-15 depending again on traffic.

I'm going to guestimate....

Aviator is actually in Gastonia but they are almost a suburb of Charlotte. Maybe 20-30 minutes depending on traffic but its mostly highway.

CAC is in South Charlotte which can be a 20 minute drive with no traffic or 45 during heavy.

The CEA location would be slightly further than CAC. Maybe add 5 min-15 depending again on traffic.
Thank you!!!

When the team was originally created, they were Large Limited. I remember because an ex-TEAL member was placed on it and she shared with me how she felt like she was being used as a pawn, and didn't like it...

REMEMBER THE KIDS PEOPLE!
exactly, remember the kids. If a child wants to go to CEA instead of CAC they have every right too. They shouldnt cause aNC cheer war for it. From what I know there are many former members of CAC that are on both senior elite and coed elite so no Courtney did not take all of her new CAC kids and throw them on a team to compete against TEAL, maybe one or two simply because they werent ready for senior elite or coed elite. Also remember that CEA pretty much has a team in every worlds division so that may have been the only division left.

There are a lot of side handed remarks about CEA in this post, but I'm quite sure "you didn't say that". What is win at all costs?
For the LAST time, I will defend myself. I am a professional who studies child development. My comments are based on my values as a parent and choices that I, as a parent make for my child. My child, who is in her final year of all star. I really don't care what any of you think. I do not judge you for your opinion, no need to judge me.
Although I recognize that you're question was rhetorical, I will define "win at all cost" as caring about the win more than caring about the value of the participant. Did I say it was CEA? No!
I am not bitter; I read some comments on this thread with regard to CAC which I felt warranted a comment, an opinion which I am entitled to. Speculation as to why someone would leave CAC to go to CEA. If you don't like it, move on.
The only thing that I spoke to with regard to CEA was the team being built to go against TEAL but first, the season had started and teams were already formed. I found it unfortunate as it seemed to pit athlete against athlete. It was an "interesting" choice was the only comment.
If you don't like my side handed remarks, it's because you want something to argue with and I'm not giving you enough. I am not engaging in this conversation anymore. I had and spoke my opinion, any more conversation with regard to what you think I meant is not worth my energy.

If I had a gym like CEA or any other well known gym I would ask for people who are not a coach or owner to please refrain from speaking on behalf of my program. How many people who are discussing this and throwing out insults left and right are actually tied with either program other then being an fan, athlete, or parent? Step back and read these posts, they make both programs look like jokes. Take a step back and wonder what the owners or these programs would think of your posts. Courtney is a well spoken individual who can have a disussion and even debate about something without being nasty and throwing insults. Do you think she would agree with the way some people are handling this? It is making a joke of these programs.

How about we just wait and see what the next season brings from these two gyms. Believe it or not the entire season could go by without any problems.

I'm glad you asked! In general for Allstars I think recruiting should be limited to specific dates. No gym should be able to recruit another athlete once they have made a committment to a program. This would include approaching kids at competitions, handing out business cards or flyers at competitions, discuss tryouts months in advance, or any other persuasive means once they committed. When this time period is up then any gym is open to recruit any athlete (short of illegal acts) until a new committment is made. It's done in many Youth sports but I rarely get a good reception to this when I post about Allstars.

Our all-star federation in Australia (AASCF) has implemented this exact rule. If gyms/people are found recruiting at competitions, for example, you are instantly disqualified. It was implemented only recently, as of Nationals in November, 2011. Competition for athletes is not as fierce over here, however. But some food for thought by means of comparison. :)

I agree.. I do not like how the gym expansion thing is going. I loved going to competitions and seeing all types of teams. Now its just a huge conglomerate of "large" gyms. I loved how when you went to Dallas, you saw SOT and Cheer Athletics, then east coast had Twisters and World Cup. Now with all the expansions, you just attend competitions with the same teams. Although I love the free market system, I wish there was a way for more small gyms to thrive.

There is a way. There is always a way for a talented, hard working owner to open a gym and be succesful. They just have to be creative and work harder than anyone else. The opportunities are THERE!

Where are the owners willing to step up and take advantage?

Latest posts

Back