All-Star What Do You Think About Cea's New Location In Charlotte?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Why is it that everyone hates CEA? Could it be that they are better than CAC? How can anyone make comments on how CEA runs or if they teach kids good life lessons if their child doesn't cheer there? why is everyone so concerned about what Courtney does? She runs a successful program that just so happens to beat CAC and if she gets their level 5 kids then they weren't happy at CAC anyway. Its is so interesting to me that so many parents on here seem to think they know how their program runs. I bet at least half of the things said on here are not true. As a parent I have had negative run ins with every NC program on here (including coaches). Like I said before...just because you are not aware of something does not mean it doesn't happen... why don't all the CAC people just sit back and see what happens. Courtney has strong teams and her success is coming to Charlotte whether anyone likes it or not. Honestly I think the CAC people are so defensive because they know this is going to drastically affect their numbers and the success of their level 5's. If they really didn't care would their be all this backlash??

Go Heels!

Have I ever told you all why UNC is so much better than Duke? :)
Yet not as good as these guys.... :D
UK2012Team.jpg

Aviator has got a really good thing going there. Keith was my daughter's first tumbling coach and I believe Ashley used ot be on Teal. Keith actually convinced my CP to join Allstars. I've got a lot of respect for them and enjoy watching their teams.
Ashley was on Teal. She was a Silver medalist at worlds with them and I believe Keith was one of her coaches for that team. They met at CAC when he was a new baby coach and she was a senior. They went on to cheer together back when the Charlotte Bobcats had a cheer team (the rally cats) and that's where they met josh Davis (who does our music tracks) and Tye Davis (no relation other than pure tumbling coach awesomeness) and Andy Hansen joined us this year. They are young, energetic (you should've seen them when angels hit their new pyramid last night) and singularly amazing.

But I think their latest award speaks to exactly who they are. We went to myrtle beach for the American championships competition. They give a sportsmanship award to a team that's nominated by folks in warm up and each of the EP workers gets one vote. When they announced it, they said it was only the second time that they'd ever had it happen that collectively, the crew couldn't pick ONE team to give it to....so they awarded it to the entire Aviator program. That meant more to them than the fact every kid in our gym placed in the top three in that one.

That's really why we're not concerned about any of this drama. We just don't "do" drama. It takes away from the important things...like training...conditioning and all things cheer. We also honestly don't have an issue with CEA opening up a gym, I meant it when I said were excited for the pressure to step up our game. That's the first thing Keith and Ashley said..."awesome! You know how we love great competitors" and that title definitely applies to CEA. Those two may be young but they've taught my kids about SO much more than cheer. They're amazing role models.

I honestly didn't read through all pages b/c it was the same stuff over and over lol. Well, not gonna lie, I don't really care about them opening in Charlotte. Let CEA do what they want to do, they obviously have a reason and no matter what that reason is, I think it is a good choice for them. CEA is a wonderful gym and maybe it will help some kids who have wanted to go to CEA but couldn't because of traveling. If people leave CAC, then let them leave. You can't worry about people who would leave your gym for another because you still have other talented kids, appreciate the kids that stay and the new ones that come. Get over it, please.

exactly, remember the kids. If a child wants to go to CEA instead of CAC they have every right too. They shouldnt cause aNC cheer war for it. From what I know there are many former members of CAC that are on both senior elite and coed elite so no Courtney did not take all of her new CAC kids and throw them on a team to compete against TEAL, maybe one or two simply because they werent ready for senior elite or coed elite. Also remember that CEA pretty much has a team in every worlds division so that may have been the only division left.
Maybe I'm not as savvy as I thought I was but doesn't this happen everywhere? Some of our Angels are from CAC, some are from CEA and we had a flyer to leave and go to CoEd elite early in the season. The only thing we had to say about that was, you go girl winning the majors!! I was just proud to say I got to know her a bit and I'm super excited for her to hit the mat with coed elite. This is about kids folks and finding the right "fit" for yours. People come, people go. It's just the way it is and everyone is replaceable (including my kids) so does it really matter who cheers for who? I don't know...maybe I'm just abnormal that I think all this rivalry drama is just overdone. If half the energy spent being mad about people changing gyms or opening gyms or whatever was funneled into a solid practice and full out...oh my, the globes people could win!

IMO I think this thread should be locked.. its just causing MORE drama than there was between the two gyms. Both of them are fantabulous programs and will succeed. No matter what your opinions are on the subject, CEA is still moving to Charlotte, and CAC is still going to be CAC. and they are both going to be FIERCE.

IMO I think this thread should be locked.. its just causing MORE drama than there was between the two gyms. Both of them are fantabulous programs and will succeed. No matter what your opinions are on the subject, CEA is still moving to Charlotte, and CAC is still going to be CAC. and they are both going to be FIERCE.
100% agree. kingston ?

Really I think this whole thing boils down to the fact that for years CAC was the only gym on that side of town and now they won't be. They could do whatever they wanted and there was not a close option when people get unhappy because their kids aren't progressing or their teams aren't good and want to leave. Now there will be somewhere right down the road to go that has a great reputation (maybe even better than theirs) and they don't like it.

Maybe I'm not as savvy as I thought I was but doesn't this happen everywhere? Some of our Angels are from CAC, some are from CEA and we had a flyer to leave and go to CoEd elite early in the season. The only thing we had to say about that was, you go girl winning the majors!! I was just proud to say I got to know her a bit and I'm super excited for her to hit the mat with coed elite. This is about kids folks and finding the right "fit" for yours. People come, people go. It's just the way it is and everyone is replaceable (including my kids) so does it really matter who cheers for who? I don't know...maybe I'm just abnormal that I think all this rivalry drama is just overdone. If half the energy spent being mad about people changing gyms or opening gyms or whatever was funneled into a solid practice and full out...oh my, the globes people could win!
This is one of the smartest, most mature posts I've read all week. I wish everyone -especially adults- could be this grown up about things.

Latest posts

Back