All-Star What Inspired You To Join Competitive Cheerleading?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mine was too... :X I made the mistake of cheering for them for a season and a half. My first season I was in 8th grade and everyone hated me because they thought I was stuck up and thought I knew more about cheerleading than the rest of them. SURPRISE. I did know more than all of them combined.... it was the majority of the teams first time ever cheering.

The girls on my school team thought a prep was really hard, refused to do baskets because of how 'difficult' they are (even straight ride ones) and then complained when we came last at every competition. Like...really?

I cheered when I was in high school and college. Plus I coached for alittle awhile and always loved the sport...So when my cp was about 5 I let her try it to see if she would like it too. She was bitten by the "cheer bug" too and the rest is history:)

I tumbled in my backyard and my friend cheered and let me come to one of her practices. Started the next week :)

My daughter (only 2 at the time) was taking gymnastics at the YMCA. She was getting bored with doing obstacle courses. Right before her third birthday I signed her up for a cheerleading Tiny Tot tumble class-- thinking a change would be good for her until she was old enough to take "real gymnastics". A month later we were encourage to go to a bigger gym to have her put on the Tiny team. Now four seasons later at 6 years old she is obsessed!

I got a small taste of it with the one competition my fifth grade Pop Warner team went to and knew, seconds after stepping onto that mat for the first time, that I needed to be doing that full time. Next season, I was an all star. :)

My friend Lindsey from school did competitive cheer, and she always talked about her tumbling, and going away on big trips, and I was like OMG I WANNA CHEER!

i was doing rec cheerleading for my second year and i did a camp with them at the local all star gym at the end they encouraged me to cheer on their team two years later im cheering with md twisters

i played soccer at a ymca, and had to go to the bathroom, so i went inside and saw a poster for cheer tryouts. ...so then i tried out. i had no idea what competitive consisted of or anything and had no prior knowledge to the cheerleading world what so ever

My friend brought me to a camp one day in 2nd grade and I fell in love with it in the first 30 minutes!!!

Latest posts

Back