All-Star What Inspired You To Join Competitive Cheerleading?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 2, 2011
What inspired you to start cheerleading? For me, I was on youtube and saw ACE thunderbirds, Stingrays smoke, and Top Gun Unlimited coed (09-10), and they inspired me to start cheerleading. How about you?!

I tried out for high school cheer on a whim, didn't make it and two days before try-outs I was like, "Hey, Mom, two of my friends do Wildcats. Can I?" Now with one season finished I'm OBSESSED.

My sister signed up one summer. My mom thought it would be a fun thing for us to do together and made me try out.

I heard if I joined one day they'd let me run a message board!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Hmmm. Honestly (and this is going to sound totally cliche) but I watched the movie Bring It On. It was when it first came out and my sister had it on VHS and I snuck into her room and watched it (I was like 6 so my mom wouldnt actually let me watch it yet)...the rest is history :) Today so many teams inspire me and its the continous growth of this sport each and every season that keeps me interested and LOVING it!

i watched all of the 2by2videos on repeat... i was then inspired and thought when i joined a gym everyone will be doing one legged double downs and throwing amazing passes... not how it is, but each season was... pretty interesting.

I was big into competitive Gymnastics, but in 1996, I saw an add in the local paper about a competitive cheerleading program forming..... lol I feel old.

My sisters friends all tumbled at the gym I'm at, and they told me I should try it, and its been 7 years, and I've never looked back.

my cousins did it before i did. they taught me how to tumble in the back yarrd and now im better then them...

I tried out for my high school team and the judges cut me...
I now coach for that same judge that cut me! hahahaha!

My school team is REALLY bad.

Mine was too... :X I made the mistake of cheering for them for a season and a half. My first season I was in 8th grade and everyone hated me because they thought I was stuck up and thought I knew more about cheerleading than the rest of them. SURPRISE. I did know more than all of them combined.... it was the majority of the teams first time ever cheering.

Latest posts

Back