All-Star What Is It..?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Anticipation of my CP's first stunt on day one at NCA.

Watching quietly as she prepares, feeling overwhelmed as she leaves for warm-ups. Then hearing her team called on stage (afraid to steal even the smallest focus away with my thumbs up sign from the front row). Holding my breath as I realize the music is approaching that single moment when she first goes up into the air.

I am way more nervous for her than she ever could be, but I'd never let her know it. After that first stunt - the calm kicks in and I can finally relax.

Now multiply that feeling x 100 as I look forward to going through it IN THE ARENA for this first time this year.

I love being a cheer dad.

Getting our music, seeing our new unis and bows and putting them on for the first time, stepping on the floor at the first competition and showing everyone what you're bringing to the plate this year. Hearing the announcements for finals at worlds, then the next day hearing the top ten announced.

Being backstage with my team about to go on saying our chant, and praying, and one last pep talk. Stepping on to the stage arm in arm with my best friend, hugging and then getting set with the biggest smile manageable. Hitting a perfect routine and hugging when you know you nailed it!

On the floor, head down, waiting for the music to start. I hear the crowd and think "don't cry, you won't see your flyer" and stare at my shoelaces to try and focus. Then i'll start bawling as usual and don't remember the rest of the routine.

That's exactly what happens to me when my cp's team takes the floor for the first time of the season..lol only I try not to cry so the other parents won't think I'm nuts.....uh oh to late

It's before the season starts, but I'm really excited my gym is relocating closer to my house and in a facility I did gymnastics in when I was little! :D
But during the season, I'm all about making everyone look FIERCE!

Back