All-Star What Is Your Cost?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

6 years ago I documented and tracked cheer related expenses that included every penny I spent for my daughter to cheer on a Top Team in a Large Gym.

The following figure included everything from flights, all fees, uniform, hotels, restaurants, gas.. every cent spent,,

$21,986.76 total for the year
15 competitions that year with 7 of them 2 day

Came out to $392.62 per minute for my daughter to be a cheerleader.

I stopped thinking about it at that point.

The gym we will be looking at for next year...their uniform is $600.00!!!! Not including bow or warm-ups????? The uniform is custom and very beautiful and there are a lot of Rhinestones but $600.00????? What are other gyms paying for their uniforms.

We pay 98$/ month for 2 practices a week and unlimited tumble classes
$330 Comp fees (8-9 comps, 3-4 travel, sometimes far away)
Uniform I think was $250
Music/Choreo was $100-200 I think
$25 bow/makeup
$89 warmups (options)
$75 Nfinities (if you didn't already have a pair)

Medium gym with 2 spring floors, tumbl trak, trampoline, and AC

The gym we will be looking at for next year...their uniform is $600.00!!!! Not including bow or warm-ups????? The uniform is custom and very beautiful and there are a lot of Rhinestones but $600.00????? What are other gyms paying for their uniforms.
:eek: 600???? We pay around 350 and think they come from 'Not GK'. Some rhinestones on the girls uni's but none on the boys.

:eek: 600???? We pay around 350 and think they come from 'Not GK'. Some rhinestones on the girls uni's but none on the boys.
I know right? I am glad I am not the only one who thought that was obscene. LOL
I was thinking not even Sr. Elite, F5 or SS paid that much.

wcdad, thanks for shedding that much light on it :( now I am depressed. I much prefer living in Egypt along the river denial. ;)

That is where I have been living for the past 6 years.. Stop by and visit some day, I am always looking for company.. We can sip a cold beverage on the banks of the river.. lol

$600 Just for the uniform?
23.gif

We are at a large gym and pay $315 for our uni's which have a pretty good amount of bling. We buy our shoes on our own. Warmups and backpack $160, practice clothes $160.

I am afraid to tell my husband...but this info may be on a "need to know basis" and maybe he really doesn't need to know. #justsayin
I'm already working on excuses for you. How about "Well, Honey, remember we paid $300 for that Prom dress she only wore one time (substitute Homecoming, Flower Girl, Miniature Bride, First Communion gown, etc. as appropriate). She'll wear this one at least six times, so that's only $100 a day." :kiss:

Latest posts

Back