OT What Should I Do??

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Apr 9, 2011
So I broke my finger and chipped part of my bone off 2 weeks ago and the doctor said it wont be healed for another 2 months. I've got a competition in 2 weeks and I'm a flyer so I'm not worried about that, but I'm still deciding whether I should still tumble. I'm the best tumbler on my team and we're against 16 other teams in our division so we need as many points as possible! What do you guys think I should do?? Thanks!

So I broke my finger and chipped part of my bone off 2 weeks ago and the doctor said it wont be healed for another 2 months. I've got a competition in 2 weeks and I'm a flyer so I'm not worried about that, but I'm still deciding whether I should still tumble. I'm the best tumbler on my team and we're against 16 other teams in our division so we need as many points as possible! What do you guys think I should do?? Thanks!
You won't be the best tumbler on the team if you keep re-injuring it. So if it's really bad, try not to tumble.

There is a 100% chance you should not be tumbling. Don't try to be a hero, your bones can't heal unless you let them. Take a break, let your bones fix themselves, and condition so you can come back as quickly as healthily possible.

Definitely don't tumble.
Let your body heal so that you can be ready to tumble in two months/next season/next year/ etc.
2 months of not tumbling is much better than not being able to tumble ever again without being in pain.

yesss rest it! this happened to me and i kept on tumbling and now its so painful when i tumble i try not to do much - and i hate that i cant progress much

heres wat i would do, i would still compete on it.... because i love wat i do & i dont think i could ever stop for anything. last year i broke my foot, i wrapped it up and and tumbled on it. yes it was hard but it was worth it in the end.

There's a difference between let's say breaking something in warm ups before day 2 of worlds, and breaking something weeks before however. There is time to plan weeks before for taking out a pass or two so that you can heal, especially since it is fairly early in the season for the UK I believe. It sounds good in the short term in cheerleadering if girls "suck it up and do their stunt/tumbling/etc. while injured for their team", but they may not be able to do anything the same anymore in the long run if they do not take care of their body and rest!

Back