All-Star When did you fall in Love. ?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

my first time at worlds 2007. WCSS. i had cheered for a few years before that but i was amazed by them and how the whole arena went crazy for them. needless to say i was hooked.

As an athlete, while taking tumbling classes at Gym Tyme from 92-98 - I fell in love with their AMAZING Large All-Girl Team.

As a coach, 2002 All Star Challenge Clash of the Titans - Jekyll Island, GA - we were a little gym from KY in our first major competition.
United Stingrays Small Junior - toe back, double toe back, "we're just getting warmed up" triple toe back
World Cup SS - "get ready, take a picture" ripple up scales
Top Gun Lg Coed - just Top Gun....

My very first season, very first competition, hit the routine perfect, and I just wrapped my arms around my best friend. That very second, I knew I was hooked. There was nothing I wanted to do more than cheering. Like the craziest amount of chills just went down my back and throughout my entire body. I can't even describe the feeling to full satisfaction, I hope you have all felt the feeling too.

Oh, and getting the 1st place trophy was nice too :)

My daughter, Elmo, started cheering at Kentucky Elite in 1996. Frankly, I didn't really care much about it. But another cheer dad, Bobby, cared and since his daughter cheered with mine, I got to know him pretty well. He took a "no nothing" stick & ball sport dad and showed me how incredible the athletes could be. I'll always be grateful for that.

I just asked CP this question. She said when she was 5 and first saw Teal perform at practice.

My own time came a little later. My first Worlds 3 or 4 years ago. I sat behind Acedad and CTW and asked them endless questions. They patiently answered them all. Then Top Gun performed and I was hooked forever.

when i was at my first allstar competition and saw the worldcup starlites and top gun's 06-07 routines! i instantly fell in love and knew that cheerleading was going to be a part of me for the rest of my life
smile.png

I forgot what year it was but I was at clash of the titans and it was time for world cup to perform. The entire arena stood up and yelled world cup and I'm thinking "who's this team? They must be paying everybody to cheer for them." Then the music started and I felt like every single girl on that team through a double. That was the first time I saw jess betar. They worked the entire routine and had those fabulous curls. The best part was the dance and just when I thought they couldn't get any better, this girl came out of no where and started working this red scarf. FIERCE <3

I forgot what year it was but I was at clash of the titans and it was time for world cup to perform. The entire arena stood up and yelled world cup and I'm thinking "who's this team? They must be paying everybody to cheer for them." Then the music started and I felt like every single girl on that team through a double. That was the first time I saw jess betar. They worked the entire routine and had those fabulous curls. The best part was the dance and just when I thought they couldn't get any better, this girl came out of no where and started working this red scarf. FIERCE <3

jamfest in the 2007-2008 season. do you ever do something and hope the people watching are impressed? haha, i was on a level 3 team, in jamfest super nationals in indianapolis. I was in warmups, and all these guy cheerleaders were right next to me. I had no idea who they were and it was my first year, i just thought that they would be impressed with the routine. i still thought of that level 3 team as the best out there at that point, since it was my first nationals. all the sudden they started their warmups and my jaw literally dropped. top gun unlimited coed... ever since then ive been obsessed with top gun. always have always will, and no routine has ever come close to the one i saw that day. DANGG...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cn61EaOlLME

April 20, 2007. I always had a crush for it, but when I stepped in the doors of CEA Raleigh and met those coaches I fell in love with it. They have so much passion for the sport and for their kids its kind of hard not to love it.

I would have to say it was in 2001 when I was on youth novice at ACE. When I first stepped on the competition floor I loved the sport.

I didn't make my high school team the summer before freshman year and my mom knew someone whose niece had opened her own gym. I tried out, and made it. Then I heard "Oh, no we don't do a long cheer.. We do a quick one, over the music" and I fell in love!! I hated, and still do to this day, the long, drawn out cheer in the middle of school routines. It takes the momentum right out of the routine for me.

winning COA nationals in FL during our first year as a gym (1997..Carolina Cats).
And now I find something new to love everyday as a coach..a kid getting a new skill, winning a competition..etc

Back