When Do Teams Get Their Cheer Music?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Nov 19, 2012
My daughter is level1 mini. She got her music we'dnesday and competed the routine Saturday. Needless to say it was a disaster. I'm going to schedule a conference with the gym owner and just want to know the norm. If your first competition was 12/15, when would you expect to get music?

Our past gyms gave us our music days before competition and yes it is disaster. The gym I'm at now gave it to us about a month before we started competing and told us our kids need to listen to it on repeat. What a difference it makes!

My daughter is level1 mini. She got her music we'dnesday and competed the routine Saturday. Needless to say it was a disaster. I'm going to schedule a conference with the gym owner and just want to know the norm. If your first competition was 12/15, when would you expect to get music?

First, she's on a level 1 mini team. Most of them are disasters every competition. They're young and they're learning, so don't stress out about it.

Second, the teams learn the routines by the counts so the music is irrelevant. Most teams can do their routine to any 2:30 music that's playing. Will the sound effects all match? No. But that doesn't impact someone that's doing a routine they learned by counts.

Third, she's on a level 1 mini team. Seriously.

I would reconsider scheduling a conference with the gym owner and save that for something really important.

We often get our music within a week of the first comp. Like Acedad said, routines are learned to counts. As long as they practice to the same tempo, it's no big deal. Instead of typing out a long response, I'll just say "listen to ACEDAD ". He gave great advice.

Back