OT Where Can You Get This Fabric?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Mar 21, 2010
My mom and I have been searching relentlessly for a certain fabric to make bows but have been sorely unsuccessful. I can't post a pic from my phone, but it's that new and popular EXTREMELY sparkly, glitter-dust looking fabric. I hear it's pretty expensive. It has a scratchy feel to it but the sparkles don't rub off.

I'm sure some of you bow makers know where to get it where you don't have to buy it in bulk...any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

I'll post a pic soon. I know for sure that it's not spandex or sequin.

It sounds really funny, but I think it's not even fabric. I wanted some glitter bows, and I found it in sheets at Hobby Lobby. It was near where they sell felt, foam sheets, and other things like that. They only had 3 colors at first, but are starting to get more in.
The back is a canvas type material, so you can heat and bond right to the ribbon. The problem is, I haven't found it in anything bigger than a sheet size (like piece of paper), so you need to cut it and you have seems on the ribbon. You have to make sure they are in places that can't be seen. It was $1.99 a sheet, but at Hobby Lobby there is always a 40% coupon.

We've been looking online like crazy and not in the stores...haha whoops! Thanks guys!!

Check out Spandex house or Spandex world online. They have tons of fabric to choose from. These are the best types of fabric to use for bows, and streatch velvet, otherwise the edges will fray.......hope this is helpful.

i would say go on line, but you already said you have been. i would try looking in hobbly lobby or micheals or something of the sort.

Michaels doesn't sell fabric... I work there and get at least someone every day asking me where our fabric section is and they get mad when I say we don't have one.
i could of swore you did. at mine they have ribbon and bow stuff

It is not a fabric. It is almost something like a vinyl you may use for screen printing. You can adhere with an iron and it behaves as a fabric. I bought two sheets to try - but can not now remember where. About $5 dollars a sheet - maybe 15 X 15 or 20 X 20. Or you can buy in bulk in rolls. It is pricey in larger quantities. I am sure it would run through a cutting machine fine.

Back