Which Teams Do You Think I Should Be On?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 4, 2015
Hello,

My tryouts are coming up soon and I was just wondering which teams you think I should be on. I understand that this is completely based and that it's hard to answer questions like this without being able to watch me in person.

Last year I was on 4.2 and this year my gym will have (for the senior teams) levels 2, 3, 4.2, 4, restricted 5 and 5. My gym does use crossovers btw.

Stunting- I based, main and side, while I was on 4.2, however the only level 4 skills I competed were a one and a half, a plunge and a ball single basket.

Running- I competed a ro bhs all season but I can now do a punch front and a ro bhs tuck. I have no other front tumbling but I can do ro multiples.

Standing- I competed a standing bhs but I can now do a standing tuck. I can also do bhs bhs tuck and toe one to tuck, although in standing I have to pause between the bhs and the tuck so it's more like a level 3 skill ( bhs bhs or toe one) and then a level 4 skill (standing tuck) right after.

Jumps- My jumps are below level. I was in the last row for jumps.

Dance- I was front row for the dance.

Thank you
Sorry for the length

Deionne

One thing to remember about placements is that it's not just your skills that determine your team. The coaches have to take into account everyone else's skills as well. Good luck and trust your coaches' decisions.

I think if your gym is conservative about placements (meaning they only put people on teams who have the skills for that level very solidly) you sound like a 3. If they are liberal (meaning they place people who don't have all the skills but are close so they put them on w/ the hopes they'll have them by comp time) you may make a 4 assuming there are a lot of others w/ solid 4 skills who can cover if those w/ borderline skills don't quite get them in time.

I agree that you sound like a three, but depending on what they need for each team, you could be anywhere between 2-4. It's not just about your skills, but how you fit in with everyone else too. For example, they may take a stronger base with less tumbling because they have that person in mind for a particular stunt sequence. You'll just have to wait and see who shows up at tryouts

Back