All-Star Who Else Has A Big Sister/little Sister On Their Team?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

My high school team did this! Freshmen and Sophomores had big sisters that were Junior and Seniors. The younger girls put there name in a hat and the older girls drew names. It was really fun and we had "Sister Bags" before games and competitions. They were just filled with random little goodies. It was a lot of fun and Ill never forget every sister I had :)

I cheer with my younger sister, she's my back spot..so lets just hope we don't fall out lol....But I think the Big/Little sister idea is cute, it's a nice way of getting the younger/older teams knowing each other.

My freshman year I cheered with my best friend who is just like my little sister who was in 7th grade at the time. I loved it & she was my backspot :)

I cheer with my actual little sister :) We had never been on a team together and this year, I'm a senior and she's a freshman and we finally get to be on the same team.

Maryland Twisters don't do the assigned big sister/little sister thing, BUT there are 4 sets of actual sisters on F5 this year.

2z4037t.jpg

5535sw.jpg

Those are just two of the many pics of my lil sis from my gym Ali and me. We weren't assigned we just started calling each other big sis lil sis like the 2nd practice last year when we were on the same team. It stuck. This year my sis Ali is on 4.2(she's 14) and i'm on our IOC6 (i'm 19).

I love hearing all of these stories. Our gym doesn't assign them but on my junior team one of the little eight year olds and I both wore pink and black to practice one night. The only difference was she had a pink top and black shorts while I had a black top and pink shorts. From then on we just decided we were fraternal cheer twins. We just like pump each other up, I help her stretch. On seniors, one of the other girls is like my older sister. I go to her for advice about just about everything! I'm the second oldest on juniors and those girls are like my little sisters. On seniors I like having a bunch of older sisters I can go to.

3 of my daughters are on FCA Diamonds this year...it sure makes life easy having all of them on the same team! Two of them do a tumble pass together and they are all in the back corner for their jumps. One is a flyer so its easy to find her...sometimes I can't find the other two. Last year Diamonds had 3 sets of sisters and the 2 coaches are sisters.

I cheered with my older sister for 3 years! I was her base a lot of the time!

Haha not that great of a pic but I think its funny :)
21jp2q8.jpg

behfd3.jpg

We're doing this for the first time since my cp has been at the gym (4th year) - she is senior 3 and her "little sis" is junior 2. She loves it.

@bwana. That is how my cp feels about her team, the majority have been together for 3 years and she adores them.
This is my 6th year with Twisters! I beleive the longer you stay with the team, the more it feels like a family! :D

<3 that!
I know i'm not the only one who feels like its a family reunion everytime you go to practice!!
Cheerleadings a whole new world, we work as a team and become a family, unlike...lets say basketball.

(not ripping on anyone who is a basketball player)

kids spot cheer has big sisters/little sisters

they're really nice because you always have atleaast one person always cheering for you. it a special bond you start to build with them over time. and when you're younger, it's nice to have someone to look up to, encourage you, and be there for you in this sometimes really tough industry.

Back