All-Star Who Pays Crossover Fees?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

SheCheers

Cheer Parent
Mar 6, 2011
The athlete or the gym? I'm curious as to what is standard. At our first gym if an athlete was asked to crossover, their extra comp fees were paid for by the gym. At the current gym, they're not. Our first year, cp was asked to crossover and when faced with the additional costs (choreography camp and double competition fees), dh thought that it was unreasonable and if they needed her for another team they should pay them extra costs (i.e. we didn't ask to have her on two teams). it ended up not working out and she stayed just on the one team...but he still strongly feels this way. they did not charge extra tuition or anything, just wanted the comp fees paid. i thought with getting an additional 4 hours a week of "training" it wasn't unreasonable to ask for the comp fees.

It's optional for our kids to crossover, but the parents have to pay for the crossover competition fees. I know we break the fees up by month so it's about an extra $20 per month. We do not make them pay for the second skills camp or choreography camps.

If it is family's choice to crossover... family pays crossover fees. If athlete is asked last minute to fill in on a team then the gym pays.

If the parents ask for two teams than they pay of all the crossover fees (50% tuition on the second team, crossover competition costs). If we ask for the child to do two teams (because of injury is the only way this would happen) we pay the fees (generally its temporary).

at our gym a "crossover" is someone that does 2 teams the whole season.
a "fill in" is someone that helps out when someone is sick, hurt, or absent.

Crossovers pay an additional $25 a month tuition, and a total of $175 additional comp fees.
They do not pay extra choreography, or coaches fees.

a fill in pays $0

at our gym a "crossover" is someone that does 2 teams the whole season.
a "fill in" is someone that helps out when someone is sick, hurt, or absent.

Crossovers pay an additional $25 a month tuition, and a total of $175 additional comp fees.
They do not pay extra choreography, or coaches fees.

a fill in pays $0
AGREE!!

at my gym they don't force you to cross over, they put you on 2 teams in general and then if you dont wnt to you just tell them!
There is no monthly crossover fee but i do know for some competitions they charge extra for crossovers. but we do have to pay double the choreo fee which in my case makes no sense at all...

Like many people have said, my gym has you pay the fee if you are a crossover the whole season, but if you're asked to cross down for one or two the gym will pay.

at my gym, crossovers pay 3 installments of crossover fees that add up to around 300 i believe

At the beginning of our season you are asked on our forms if you're willing to be a crossover. If you check yes, you understand that there are extra fees to be payed

Any gyms where the crossover fee is divided between everyone? Specifically small gyms. For example, we have 20 on team. Then the additional crossover fee (competition fee only) is divided among the whole team. Logic being that having that crossover person, helps the entire team, and so we all pay a few dollars more... Again, competition fee only. Coach doesn't charge extra for practices.

When my cp crossedover there were no additional fees paid by us. The rest of the team absorbed the cost in their cheer fees.

Crossover's pay all the additional fees if they decide to be on 2 teams. If you are filling for someone who is sick or hurt then the person you are filling in for still pays the fees to keep their spot and they also get any trophies or gifts that are won or given out.

My daughter is a crossover and at our gym besides the fact their is 2 different uniforms, and shoes for the team she is crossing over too. Id have to cover that
& the only other thing I cover extra is the Crossover competition fee.

I don't have to pay anything else extra like the tuition fee stays the same and so for camps and coaches fees.

However, I do pay the higher tuition rate of the two teams she is on!

Back