All-Star Who Pays Crossover Fees?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

It's optional for our kids to crossover, but the parents have to pay for the crossover competition fees. I know we break the fees up by month so it's about an extra $20 per month. We do not make them pay for the second skills camp or choreography camps.

Same here...No extra tuition or "booster fees" but the comp fees have to be paid.

At ACE for all i know, we didnt have to pay if we were asked. i didnt have to pay for when i crossed over, so i dont think anyone else did.

at our gym a "crossover" is someone that does 2 teams the whole season.
a "fill in" is someone that helps out when someone is sick, hurt, or absent.

Crossovers pay an additional $25 a month tuition, and a total of $175 additional comp fees.
They do not pay extra choreography, or coaches fees.

a fill in pays $0

the bolded is what's pretty much the same at my gym. money wise it used to be about the same as above for additional monthly tuition but i'm not sure how much more comp fees were. this year they changed it & eliminated the extra monthly tuition all together so crossovers just pay the extra comp fees.

Any gyms where the crossover fee is divided between everyone? Specifically small gyms. For example, we have 20 on team. Then the additional crossover fee (competition fee only) is divided among the whole team. Logic being that having that crossover person, helps the entire team, and so we all pay a few dollars more... Again, competition fee only. Coach doesn't charge extra for practices.

This seems reasonable if you have someone filling in for one or two competitions... But it doesn't seem fair if you have someone crossing for the entire season. If you want to be on two teams, why should everyone else have to pay for that?

If I told them at the begininning she would be crossover then it is 10 dollars a month and then an extra 200 in comp fees. If during the season they ask her to be on another team I don't have to pay anything extra!

My daughter is a crossover and at our gym besides the fact their is 2 different uniforms, and shoes for the team she is crossing over too. Id have to cover that
& the only other thing I cover extra is the Crossover competition fee.

I don't have to pay anything else extra like the tuition fee stays the same and so for camps and coaches fees.

However, I do pay the higher tuition rate of the two teams she is on!

This starts another conversation. If every team in the gym has a different uniform, does the gym pay for this uniform, rent it out, or you have to buy a new one? I can't imagine paying that fee every year if I had a child crossing. Plus, if they do not require to have the same uniform, which I have seen too many times, they stand out like a sore thumb. I am glad we do the same uniform for everyone...don't get me wrong I think different uniforms are very cute and give each team uniqueness.

Many parents can barely afford paying just the competition crossover fees. I'm glad we do not charge for extra tuition to be on a second team. I understand the logic coming from the gym's side as to why the person should pay for two tutions, but to me this seems to limit the families that potentially might want to crossover. As a parent, you're already paying a montly fee to be at the gym...that's crazy to me to pay two tuitions or half tuition for the second team. I know I would be BROKE!!

I think if a child is crossing over then they're doing us a favor. We try to place them where they will help us the most and to make this a fun experience. By doing this they can build confidence, relax, and try different stunting positions.

This starts another conversation. If every team in the gym has a different uniform, does the gym pay for this uniform, rent it out, or you have to buy a new one? I can't imagine paying that fee every year if I had a child crossing. Plus, if they do not require to have the same uniform, which I have seen too many times, they stand out like a sore thumb. I am glad we do the same uniform for everyone...don't get me wrong I think different uniforms are very cute and give each team uniqueness.

Many parents can barely afford paying just the competition crossover fees. I'm glad we do not charge for extra tuition to be on a second team. I understand the logic coming from the gym's side as to why the person should pay for two tutions, but to me this seems to limit the families that potentially might want to crossover. As a parent, you're already paying a montly fee to be at the gym...that's crazy to me to pay two tuitions or half tuition for the second team. I know I would be BROKE!!

I think if a child is crossing over then they're doing us a favor. We try to place them where they will help us the most and to make this a fun experience. By doing this they can build confidence, relax, and try different stunting positions.

Well about the uniform situation - most of are teams have the same uniform
Tiny and Mini has the same uniform and shoes (not cropped)
& all Youth, Jr, & Sr teams have the same uniform and shoes. (cropped)

So I just got lucky to have both because my daughter is 6 she is on mini and then youth2.

They get new uniforms every 3years but the tiny and mini rotation is different then the older teams.

So last year my daughter started Tiny.. And I bought a new uniform for her first season (uniform was on 2nd yr cycle for this team)

This year she got bumped to Mini's
(uniform is now on 3rd yr cycle)!!
However the youth& up teams finished their cycle last season. Since my cp also made youth now I have to purchase $300 uniform this season since it's 1st yr rotation now with new uniforms for older teams!! So I will be doing that!!

However if I stayed at my gym next season- id be buying a new uniform again but this time for the younger team.. As it will be there turn to get new uniforms since the younger teams rotation is a year behind and since my daughter just turned 6 they will still want her to be a mini next year as she still wouldn't be close to aging off!

I think I'm probably the only unfortunate one that it happened to in the gym just the way the age fell lol.

However I'm moving out of state next year so I will have to buy her a new uniform when we move obviously.. And I'll just hope and pray the gym we pick isn't on their last year rotation for whatever uniform we purchase next or it will be a 4th year in a row buying that thing! Lol

It's expensive but so worth it.. I don't mind paying the extra for the competition fees I'm just happy I don't have to pay more tuition!
However our teams don't go to alot of the same competitions so I think I will only be paying 1 crossover fee as that's the only competition that both her teams will perform - the competitions we go to in Louisville and Sevierville and stuff are for the youth teams, and the ones in Nashville all but one are only for the tiny/mini teams!!

Because there are alot of Tiny and Mini parents who don't want to travel far and stay in hotels....
Which completely irks me why you don't want to do it when their 5 but your ok traveling when their 10!!

Maybe I'm the only one who wish they traveled more at that age but I hated when everyone was away last season but my daughters tiny team was stuck at home:(

At CJA the gym has always paid. Money Money Money! Too much Money! However this season we're glad to say that crossovers may be a thing of the past for us.

Back