All-Star Why Are The Mats Black?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Nov 21, 2010
I wonder why the mat on BUTBT and other competitions is black? It's cool but I don't know why they changed it...?

It looks good if the team wheres mainly a white uniform! It made us look so clean! Also, its scary! It was like tumbling with my eyes closed. haha. you have to be extra careful on timing of tumbling and especially punching!

I think its just to be different. I mean, why are the Jamfest floors purple? It's to be more fun and different from the other comps.

Yeah, probably just the same reason there are purple and red and i think I've even seen pink floors...because they can.

I think it just goes along with the themes, yannooo?

And JamFest's colors consist of a lot of purple :)

The producers said it would make the kids stand out more, than having a blue mat. i quite like the mat, but thats just me :)

I like them and all, but it seems so different with a black floor, since I've always performed on a blue one.

I prefer the traditional dark blue mats over the black. But the black is okay... I hate the purple mats that they have at Jamfest though, idk y.... but my favorite mats are the ones at Cheersport. I <3 the color.

I've never understood the hangup on different color mats. I've had teams compete on blue, black, red, purple, teal...never had an issue. The little ones usually got really excited when they saw the floor was a different color lol

I've never understood the hangup on different color mats. I've had teams compete on blue, black, red, purple, teal...never had an issue. The little ones usually got really excited when they saw the floor was a different color lol
it doesn't matter that much to me. but the purple just kinda freaks me out. its too bright or somethin

i've competed on so many different colors!
dark blue, light blue, turquoise, purple, black, pink! i think its cool!

what i hate though, is the lines are different. its sooo confusing

Back