All-Star Working On Skills

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I tell my daughter she can not claim a skill until it is landed consistently on the floor! The tumble track is only when learning how to do a skill. It needs to be moved to a rod floor or on the spring floor with a spot!
I think I would like your daughter. Haha. I'm the same way.

There are so many people who just depend on the tumble track for everything. I love the tumble track, but I know when to stop using it. Me and my friend went to an open gym last friday and she could tuck all day off the tumble track to the soft mat, but when it came time to do it on the floor she was touching down, over rotating, things like that. It makes me laugh that she brags about what she has on the tumble track haha.
Yeah she brags, it's so annoying at high school Tryouts she like to another girl " I can do a round off back hand tuck on the spring floor & a layout on the tumble track" and I'm just thinking yeah, good thing we compete on a hard floor.

i hate doing skills on the tumble track because i know it won't be the same on floor. i may try it a couple of times to get the feel of it but after that i never touch it again. even if i dont have it on the tumble trak fully yet.

Yeah she brags, it's so annoying at high school Tryouts she like to another girl " I can do a round off back hand tuck on the spring floor & a layout on the tumble track" and I'm just thinking yeah, good thing we compete on a hard floor.
I know a girl who acts just like that. She brags about her flying skills when she is a base and it is very clear she always will be. She also brags how good her tumbling skills are and what team she's on when her bhs series and bhs tuck are death wishes. I swear she was going to bust her head wide open at a game once.

I know a girl who acts just like that. She brags about her flying skills when she is a base and it is very clear she always will be. She also brags how good her tumbling skills are and what team she's on when her bhs series and bhs tuck are death wishes. I swear she was going to bust her head wide open at a game once.
I hate it when people do that! Ohmygosh, that's so scary. The girl that I'm taking about in this post almost dies every time she does any kind of tuck. One time when she actually landed it semi good I accidentally yelled out "OHMYGOD SHE LANDED IT!!!" super loud, whoops!

I hate it when people do that! Ohmygosh, that's so scary. The girl that I'm taking about in this post almost dies every time she does any kind of tuck. One time when she actually landed it semi good I accidentally yelled out "OHMYGOD SHE LANDED IT!!!" super loud, whoops!

Hahah I would do the same thing! She claims she's the best but the whole team knows who's truly the best person on the team. I just want to yell at her and tell her she isn't as good as she thinks she is!

Hahah I would do the same thing! She claims she's the best but the whole team knows who's truly the best person on the team. I just want to yell at her and tell her she isn't as good as she thinks she is!
I know that feeling!!

You never know why people do the things they do. Maybe she needs the feeling of doing something successfully even if it isn't on the floor. Personally, I remind my cp that until the rules will allow her team to pause the routine so she can drag a tumble track onto the floor then she only 'has' a skill when she can land it on the floor!

i agree i feel like until you get a clean tuck people should not start even working on a layout/full until then
completely agree

i hate doing skills on the tumble track because i know it won't be the same on floor. i may try it a couple of times to get the feel of it but after that i never touch it again. even if i dont have it on the tumble trak fully yet.
i'm the same way i'll play around & jump on the tumble track but i don't actually like tumbling on it unless my coach tells me too & i'm getting spotted for something new. i don't like how much extra help it gives you i'd rather just learn it on the floor.

completely agree

i'm the same way i'll play around & jump on the tumble track but i don't actually like tumbling on it unless my coach tells me too & i'm getting spotted for something new. i don't like how much extra help it gives you i'd rather just learn it on the floor.

yeah sometimes i go super crazee on the tumble trak because i'm used to punching so hard on floor i forget i don't need to do that on tramp! so i will end up either over rotating or land off the track and in some weird crazy position lol.

completely agree

I'm pretty much the same way, but now I've started using it a little more. For some reason I hate doing standing tucks on there. I just can't do it on the tumble track, but I got it on the floor

This happens to me all the time and it's the reason I avoid the trampoline!
My friend posted a video of her bhs layout (knowing I'd see it)....... on the trampoline. This girl is on level 2 at my gym and it upsets me that she automatically thinks she has the skill because she is on the trampoline.
Another athlete at my gym did the same thing except this time it was a bhs full, and I do not mean to offend her, but it was not a very pretty full. Now she goes on and on about how great her full is, when in reality she hasn't even attempted a full on the floor.

I'm pretty much the same way, but now I've started using it a little more. For some reason I hate doing standing tucks on there. I just can't do it on the tumble track, but I got it on the floor

me neither i used to hate doing standing tucks on the tumble trak, its better if you do them on an air mat.

This happens to me all the time and it's the reason I avoid the trampoline!
My friend posted a video of her bhs layout (knowing I'd see it)....... on the trampoline. This girl is on level 2 at my gym and it upsets me that she automatically thinks she has the skill because she is on the trampoline.
Another athlete at my gym did the same thing except this time it was a bhs full, and I do not mean to offend her, but it was not a very pretty full. Now she goes on and on about how great her full is, when in reality she hasn't even attempted a full on the floor.
That just reminded me of something! There's this other girl that texted me and was like I just got my backhand spring tuck!!!! And I told her to send me a video cuz I wanted to see it and I was super doubtful that she actually did it by herself becauses basically a level 2 tumbler and then she puts the video on Facebook & it's on the tumble track....

I do not think they mean to show off, just want to really get a new skill. Maybe a little positive attention. Hey we could all use some positive smiles sometimes for our accomplishments whether on floor or tumble track. It is all good.

Back