All-Star Worlds 2016 Day 3 Updates (monday)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

So does this mean if Eddie had taken out that sketchy coed stunt, Smoed would've globed? Was it established if that was a BB or BF?
Yes. I think it was mentioned in the champion's league commentary during BSB's routine that you only need two one-man's to max coed stunts to which Brandon did then put up four switch ups after. Smoed does 4 so it shouldn't have hurt them had they took out the shaky one...

My heart still breaks for Courtney. @ 6:48 I could not hold back the tears
I love this because if you look at ML's face - Red Hair Backspot
After the pyramid you can see on her face she knows they hit and her smile/face is priceless !

Yes. I think it was mentioned in the champion's league commentary during BSB's routine that you only need two one-man's to max coed stunts to which Brandon did then put up four switch ups after. Smoed does 4 so it shouldn't have hurt them had they took out the shaky one...

Worlds has a completely different scoring system and philosophy than any other event you attend all season, including Champions League. The concept of "doing X to max stunts" doesn't work for Worlds.

Yes, it is an odd choice to base your "World Championship" on something totally different than any other event of the year.

I was stuck in traffic for so long I had the chance to catch up on 60 pages on this thread. So I guess my drive has been productive.
Anyway, worlds on FB made me realise that I missed reading threads and connecting with others. Guess I need to have another extra hour in my day to get on here more :D

Worlds has a completely different scoring system and philosophy than any other event you attend all season, including Champions League. The concept of "doing X to max stunts" doesn't work for Worlds.

Yes, it is an odd choice to base your "World Championship" on something totally different than any other event of the year.
Lol. COMPLETELY forgot that simple fact.

It's because scoring is comparative, and there really is no "grand champ" of worlds. Which is why that's never really announced or awarded - it's not a real title they hold. They weren't scored against the other divisions so you can't compare scores between divisions.
So if OO5 went first, the judges can't give them a 148 because they need to leave room in case the later teams are better. So they give them a 134 to leave room for better teams. However, nobody was better in Us Trials so they had to score everyone else below OO5. Starting with a different team can make a huge difference in how high the division as a whole's scores are. Does that make sense?
I know Grand isn't a real title, but that basically means you had highest score right at the comp right? That's what I was getting at.
But I see what you're saying. Thanks.

They only needed 2 coeds to max on the Varsity system. Worlds is a comparative system. How you score is directly relative to what you do in comparison to what the other teams in your division do. If everyone else is putting 2/3 coeds, and you put up 4, you should get more points. But it's risk/reward.

f5a6462964994d110dc7ff9a5447379e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back