All-Star Worlds 2019 Day 2

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

i just wanna know why top gun didnt receive a deduction for the athlete bust at the end of her tumbling pass. is that not a deduction anymore, sine she technically landed on her feet first then fell?
Twitter said they fought the deduction due to a dead spot on the floor. But Twitter has also been wildly inaccurate about other things, so who knows. Luckily the deduction wouldn’t have affected the placement.

Twitter said they fought the deduction due to a dead spot on the floor. But Twitter has also been wildly inaccurate about other things, so who knows. Luckily the deduction wouldn’t have affected the placement.
TG twitter itself stated that never happened.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

There legit has to be a better way. Maybe divide this sucker up into two weekends so everything goes a little quicker and is more manageable. We are so far from acting like a “real sport” right now with all these egregious oversights. Not fair to the athletes.

Oh I forgot that that was a year with those WORLD CHAMP PERFORMANCES FOR THE TV CAMERAS.

So let's say you somehow managed not to get injured or die on the floor during #matgate and you won.

YOU GOT TO COME BACK OUT AT 50 MILLION O CLOCK AND PERFORM AGAIN SO VARSITY COULD HAVE THE FOOTAGE FOR ESPN.

TG twitter itself stated that never happened.

I stopped looking @ Twitter too early then, lol. Why would it not be a deduction then? Don’t you get athlete falls deducted even if you trip on your way to a stunt? Am I remembering correctly that that happened last year or the year before?

I stopped looking @ Twitter too early then, lol. Why would it not be a deduction then? Don’t you get athlete falls deducted even if you trip on your way to a stunt? Am I remembering correctly that that happened last year or the year before?
Usually no, it's not a deduction to trip and fall. It was a big discussion in 2017 with Nfinity. They had an athlete get injured landing a pass and then fell after and no deduction was given.

Oh I forgot that that was a year with those WORLD CHAMP PERFORMANCES FOR THE TV CAMERAS.

So let's say you somehow managed not to get injured or die on the floor during #matgate and you won.

YOU GOT TO COME BACK OUT AT 50 MILLION O CLOCK AND PERFORM AGAIN SO VARSITY COULD HAVE THE FOOTAGE FOR ESPN.
But it wouldn't be the same without the outside footage, with the amazing surprise fireworks!! [emoji7]

Skickat från min EML-L29 via Tapatalk

The only time I have seen anything close to the get deducted was last year at NCA when the flyer dismounted out of TGLC stunt and tripped over a base. It counted as a af even though she had technically landed already.

I’m here to tell you all that my kids had bleh practices so I missed 5 hours of routines including large coed finals and it was not worth it. Bless their souls.

Because they are in many of those divisions that aren't profitable to most gyms in the US. So far the US teams got by with difficulty in the international/open divisions by putting together a team mid-season that had a lot of skills. I guess the US gyms have to start realizing that this doesn't fly anymore and that the non-US teams are catching up very quickly. Add to that that some of these divisions aren't seen as "prestigious" in the US as the senior (and some of the non-senior) divisions. And if you don't put in 100% of the effort, you don't get 100% of the results.

Yep. I posted earlier that the days of just phoning in something mediocre in an international division and assuming you're still going to have more difficulty than international teams is no more.

Canada has its own powerhouses now and they are pushing the envelope just as much as we do.

Usually no, it's not a deduction to trip and fall. It was a big discussion in 2017 with Nfinity. They had an athlete get injured landing a pass and then fell after and no deduction was given.

I think that was slightly different bc that athlete successfully completed the pass and then came down from the injury so no deduction was given. This year I’ve seen teams get .25 deduction on varsity scoresheet...odd that they wouldn’t do that at Worlds (although I realize it’s a different score sheet/deductions)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So the divisions still up for discussion according to scoresheets/usasf/flocheer/twitter: med coed, global ag and nt ag. Am I missing someone?

Skickat från min EML-L29 via Tapatalk

Back