Worlds Bid Question?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I don't think your argument shows how they're not being lenient. I agree with you on everything you said, but I still think they're being more lenient with the rules for international teams because they want to give the international teams any chance they can. The only way the sport can grow internationally is by getting more international teams involved, and if that means the IASF has to turn a cheek to a few infractions, then so be it.

If they are breaking some rules then yes they are being lenient. I don't know what the rules are for international so I couldn't say they were being lenient or not. We are on the same page as far as growing the sport internationally which was really the point I was trying to make. If doing so we need to be more "lenient" and "turn a cheek to a few infractions" then as you said so be it. The IASF may create thier own problems by doing this. I will bet there will be some team out there that will complain because they aren't following the rules. Ultimately they need rules for the US and the other countries if they don't exist already.

last year I did see a team compete with more athletes than they had at their bid comp. I'm sure the event producer know about about, how could they not? Who's job is it to check?

I think the IASF need to wake up to themselves if they want to run their event to encourage the International teams. Not setting out clear rules is just stupid. If they are running an International division and can change the score sheets to reflect the low level tumbling from International teams - why can't they put rules out so teams can follow them. Competitions have rules for a reason. IASF - Keep it fair for the Countries and their teams willing to spend 100thousand $ to bring their athletes.

Back