All-Star World's Deductions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I don't know the answer to that, but i am loving the incomplete twisting skills being 10 points in deductions. If one person on an international team doesn't make their double around, then the team would have been better off doing no running tumbling at all.
I thought it said incomplete twisting would not be on the deduction score sheet but the panel sheet....obvi I don’t know what that means...can you explain it to me...:)

Short version:

1.5 for all stunt/pyramid/basket/tumble bobbles checks incomplete twists whatever.
3 for tumbling busts and if a stunt falls under control
4.5 if a stunt just falls or a part of the pyramid falls
6 for a pyramid collapse or an individual stunt falls more than once.
10 for safety deduction
5 for music too long (I assume no one will even try to go past 2:35 with music but people can surprise me) hope everyone shortened their music!
5 for boundaries.

Has a bit of CheerSport feel.

The USASF sent out two emails. One stating incomplete twisting would be a 10 point deduction for tumbling, along with safety violations. They then sent out a 2nd email stating their was a typo in the last attachment and changed the incomplete twisting from a 10 point deduction to being taken into consideration by the panel judges score sheets (not the deduction sheet).

Short version:

1.5 for all stunt/pyramid/basket/tumble bobbles checks incomplete twists whatever.
10 for safety deduction
5 for music too long (I assume no one will even try to go past 2:35 with music but people can surprise me) hope everyone shortened their music!
5 for boundaries.

So as another question, that in my years of all-star I've never been sure about - it's not like college where you can't step off the mat at all, is it? You can "break the plane" so to speak, but you can't do any skills off the mat?

So as another question, that in my years of all-star I've never been sure about - it's not like college where you can't step off the mat at all, is it? You can "break the plane" so to speak, but you can't do any skills off the mat?

To me, it appears that you must be completely off the performing surface, the mat and it matted boundaries. So you can go outside the white boundary lines, but NOT onto the green AT ALL.

Looks like they changed this. Boo, i was excited for it. But I assume if they were considering 10pts for an incomplete double, that it will come out heavily in execution.

I thought it said incomplete twisting would not be on the deduction score sheet but the panel sheet....obvi I don’t know what that means...can you explain it to me...:)
I understand it to mean that the incomplete twisting will be reflected in each of the panel judges score sheets in the tumbling section more specifically the 'technique/perfection' section of said sheet. So the incomplete and scary doubles should be reflected not as a deduction but as a decrease in the teams overall tumbling scores before deductions. Correct me if I am mistaken kingston.

I understand it to mean that the incomplete twisting will be reflected in each of the panel judges score sheets in the tumbling section more specifically the 'technique/perfection' section of said sheet. So the incomplete and scary doubles should be reflected not as a deduction but as a decrease in the teams overall tumbling scores before deductions. Correct me if I am mistaken kingston.

I believe you are right. Though we wont really know for sure until after the weekend is over. Then I will give you a for sure answer ;)

It was like that last year as well. Do NOT go over 2:30 at ALL hahaha.
I know last year was strict too. Shouldn't it say 1-5 seconds over is a deduction? So if your music is 2:31 + you get a deduction?

Or do they mean if your music is 02:30:15 you would get a deduction?

Short version:

10 for safety deduction
5 for boundaries.

will the time limit be based on the time on your music or the time until, let's say an ending stunt comes down safely to the ground? Where i'm from, I don't know if they still do this, but they don't stop timing until all stunts have been dismounted..

I know last year was strict too. Shouldn't it say 1-5 seconds over is a deduction? So if your music is 2:31 + you get a deduction?

Or do they mean if your music is 02:30:15 you would get a deduction?

I just know we made sure all music was like 2:29 hahaha.

Back