All-Star Worlds Drawing

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

leighhhhhhhh said:
I'm just concerned that Prelims are first division of the day & Finals are last. I know we're all adults but a long day plus two performances i'm sure its going to take its toll to some extent... but whats set is set, it will have to be dealt with.

I know it seems long but last year after we performed most of my teammates went back to the hotel and took a little nap. Once we performed again we weren't tired or anything.

I know it seems long but last year after we performed most of my teammates went back to the hotel and took a little nap. Once we performed again we weren't tired or anything.
Good idea!
But it still doesn't seem fair to teams with more than 3per country other than the US - like Canada. & they travel further than most US teams...

leighhhhhhhh said:
Good idea!
But it still doesn't seem fair to teams with more than 3per country other than the US - like Canada. & they travel further than most US teams...

I understand. There are so many things I wish I could change in the international divisions. Lol. It sucks but I wish your team the best of luck!

I thought I read on usasf website that if someone's registration hadn't been reveived at the time of the lottery, they would be added first in their div. Do we know how many teams this could possilby be, I thought the deadline had passed. Anyone know?

According to Steve Peterson last night, it could be as many as 70; mostly interntional.

YES! its a perfect idea. I don't say it will last forever but something needs to change with more US neighbouring teams having 3+ teams per division aswell as US.
I understand. There are so many things I wish I could change in the international divisions. Lol. It sucks but I wish your team the best of luck!
Thank you! Same goes to you!

I think it makes International Teams step up their game! A team from Iowa has never gotten a globe... do you have a suggestion for them?

My above post sounds rude. Its not meant that way... just saying they should just keep stepping up and it'll happen!

Well, not everybody get to compete twice. There are plenty of non-US teams that won't make it to finals in the International divisions. I know why they did it. My issue is that they say in the package that this portion of the competition will be on Saturday and not on Sunday. Lots of people coming from far away, paying lots of money to be there for the two days of competition when really, they could have planned for one. If any other event said "you'll be competing on Saturday and possibly Sunday" and then less than a month to the event said "oops, now you are competing on Sunday only" people would be up in arms.

It says that teams NOT competing in the U.S. Trials which means the International All Girl divisions (5&6) will have their Nationals Cup on Saturday because the U.S. teams do not have the trial to go through. Because there is now a prelim and semi-final round for 2 of the Senior divisions it seems as though there was no room in the schedule to have the International Coed teams (5&6) to have their US Trial and Nations Cup both on Saturday so they moved the Nations Cup to the same day as finals.

It says that teams NOT competing in the U.S. Trials which means the International All Girl divisions (5&6) will have their Nationals Cup on Saturday because the U.S. teams do not have the trial to go through. Because there is now a prelim and semi-final round for 2 of the Senior divisions it seems as though there was no room in the schedule to have the International Coed teams (5&6) to have their US Trial and Nations Cup both on Saturday so they moved the Nations Cup to the same day as finals.

No it says "IASF Nations Cup Championship....all four of the International divisions held Saturday April 30th". Surely, they could have foreseen this issue and scheduled accordingly. The bottom line is that every non US team in IOC6 and IOC5 are being moved to a one day event so that 14 US teams can run a second time (7 in each division). Yeah, coming from China for a one day event - that ought to go over well.

Back