All-Star World's Feud

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

A

Anonymous

What the heck is going on between Woodlands Elite GI Janes and Prodigy Allstars NightlighT?? I know someone reported the GI Janes because of paperwork. A lot of people who are at world's are saying it was a Prodigy coach over a childish feud. Does anyone know which coach it was? I thought it was a Prodigy parent, honestly.

GI Janes competed with an athlete that wasn't released, making them illegal. They were reported and dq'd. The actual name of the person who reported them is not needed.

They disqualified an entire team of kids who worked all year to get to this point because a coach from another team that doesn't even have team in the division called them out for it because the same team did this exact thing previously? This is just sad and not great Kharma for any of the coaches.....and those poor kids suffer for it. Or do I have this all wrong?

They disqualified an entire team of kids who worked all year to get to this point because a coach from another team that doesn't even have team in the division called them out for it because the same team did this exact thing previously? This is just sad and not great Kharma for any of the coaches.....and those poor kids suffer for it. Or do I have this all wrong?
The poor kids suffer yes, but they competed with an illegal athlete. Whether you agree with the rule or not, it is the rule. The WE coaches dropped the ball (admittedly). It is their responsibility to get releases for all athletes that require one. Does it look bad for Prodigy? Of course it does. It looks bad for everyone. But it is the rule, and it was broken. Unfortunate for everyone.

It's just bad and sad Juju all around. The athlete competed 1 comp in the VERY beginning of the season. Maybe even before November 1st deadline??? Not sure how accurate that is. The P coach waited for GI Janes to compete and HIT, THEN called them out? It's just BAD. WE got their pay back BUT Prodigy did it at the expense of children. If they walk away feeling justified they are actually the A$$holes everyone thinks they are today.

It's just bad and sad Juju all around. The athlete competed 1 comp in the VERY beginning of the season. Maybe even before November 1st deadline??? Not sure how accurate that is. The P coach waited for GI Janes to compete and HIT, THEN called them out? It's just BAD. WE got their pay back BUT Prodigy did it at the expense of children. If they walk away feeling justified they are actually the A$$holes everyone thinks they are today.
To be fair, WE didn't do anything illegal until Janes competed. There wasn't anything to "call out" until the athlete took the floor.

^^that. They can’t report an illegal competitor until said competitor actually takes the floor making them a competitor.

They could have put WE at a disadvantage just by saying "Take her off or we going to report you". Then the rest of the kids can compete and I am still heart broken for the girl but it only makes you look like a partial a$$.

They could have put WE at a disadvantage just by saying "Take her off or we going to report you". Then the rest of the kids can compete and I am still heart broken for the girl but it only makes you look like a partial a$$.
Or WE could've requested the release before Worlds and none of this would've been a problem. If Prodigy denies the release, WE replaces the athlete and Prodigy gets their revenge in a like for like...and they look just as bad as WE did when they refused. Instead, no release was requested, and rules were followed. Now WE has a team full of athletes that traveled all the way to worlds for no reason and Prodigy still looks bad. No winners. All losers.

Or maybe mentioning it at NCA would have been a good idea?
Or WE could've requested the release before Worlds and none of this would've been a problem. If Prodigy denies the release, WE replaces the athlete and Prodigy gets their revenge in a like for like...and they look just as bad as WE did when they refused. Instead, no release was requested, and rules were followed. Now WE has a team full of athletes that traveled all the way to worlds for no reason and Prodigy still looks bad. No winners. All losers.
Even better.

Or maybe mentioning it at NCA would have been a good idea?

Even better.

Team rosters change every competition. Someone competing at NCA doesn't mean they will compete at worlds. Nothing was against the rules until after the music started at their first performance at Worlds. For all prodigy knew, she was filling in for someone at NCA. Unless you are the athlete involved, or one of the owners, you don't know all of the logistics behind the why it unfolded in the way it did.

Even then, there's three sides to every story--"your side, my side and the truth".

Thank yiu. Do you know which coach it was or if it was someone from a specific team? I am curious because I know some coaches from PA and I don't want to work with someone so petty in the future.

The owner/coaches at WE have the responsibility to make sure that athlete was allowed to compete!

Back