All-Star Worlds: Most Memorable Moments

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Most of you know this story, but my favorite Worlds moment took me by surprise. It all started when my 3 and half year old grabbed the remote and started watching ESPN. She became mesmerized by the tv and started mimicking the movements of the teams on the screen. She turned and looked at me and said, "I want to be that!"

She was watching the Shooting Stars 2010 routine :) I thought it was cool because it was a team from Jersey. She insisted on watching more, and I distinctly remember being blown away by Top Gun's routine. She asked when she could learn to cheer, and I just laughed, smiled and dismissed her. At that moment in time, cheer was the furthest in my mind of what I thought my kid would do. I never envisioned my kid being a cheerleader and I certainly wasn't cut out to be a cheer mom (or so I thought).

funny how things go full circle... and where we have ended up since that day :)

She started cheering a year later after I finally gave in since she asked every day to do it!!! It might have taken us a couple of years to navigate to our real cheer home(and to develop a love for all things cheetah), but from that first day there, I knew something synchronicitous was happening, when cp told me the name of her new coach.The name sounded so familiar. I was pretty sure that "we" were talking about him on Fierceboard the night before. I double checked and sure enough, he won Worlds with that Top Gun team we watched that day.

Last edited:
Most of you know this story, but my favorite Worlds moment took me by surprise. It all started when my 3 and half year old grabbed the remote and started watching ESPN. She became mesmerized by the tv and started mimicking the movements of the teams on the screen. She turned and looked at me and said, "I want to be that!"

She was watching the Shooting Stars 2010 routine :) I thought it was cool because it was a team from Jersey. She insisted on watching more, and I distinctly remember being blown away by Top Gun's routine. She asked when she could learn to cheer, and I just laughed, smiled and dismissed her. At that moment in time, cheer was the furthest in my mind of what I thought my kid would do. I never envisioned my kid being a cheerleader and I certainly wasn't cut out to be a cheer mom (or so I thought).

funny how things go full circle... and where we have ended up since that day :)

She started cheering a year later after I finally gave in since she asked every day to do it!!! It might have taken us a couple of years to navigate to our real cheer home(and to develop a love for all things cheetah), but from that first day there, I knew something synchronicitous was happening, when cp told me the name of her new coach.The name sounded so familiar. I was pretty sure that "we" were talking about him on Fierceboard the night before. I double checked and sure enough, he won Worlds with that Top Gun team we watched that day.
haha I remember the way I found allstar cheerleading, even found cheerleading as a sport, was due to me watching Worlds 2013! I was just scrolling through my T.V (since we had DirecTV at the time) and I saw the same The Cheerleading Worlds 2013 and was like "huh...? This sounds interesting..." Haha my older sister walked by and was like "ohhh, this is worlds! haha" I asked her if she went but she said no cause she quit allstar cheer in like 03 or 04 so her team didn't qualify for 04 worlds. (She switched to HS school cheer instead) Anyway... I was actually really impressed by it too! I kept marking it and kept saying "hit hit hit" in the car, in my room, you name it! Haha, so I tried joining Factor Allstars for the 13-14 season. I couldn't join it cause I was already thinking about track and cross country, the money was expensive for us at the time. So anyway, somehow I was able to join (Factor Allstars was then renamed to American Elite for the 14-15 season.) And So I was like really new to it. Not just that but I joined my middle school team a few weeks before it too, so I had no tumbling (all I literally had was a punch front at the time.) But hey, it's my 3rd year doing cheer and I'm on a senior 4 team! If I hadn't clicked on the channel, I don't know what I would be doing, maybe track and/or cross country. But I'm just happy that I found this sport SO SO SOOO much! It's all I care about, even more then school cx) Anyway, I bet none of you care about this but I just wanted to share it. *P.S, I've never been to worlds but I'm still glad about your moments there!*

haha I remember the way I found allstar cheerleading, even found cheerleading as a sport, was due to me watching Worlds 2013! I was just scrolling through my T.V (since we had DirecTV at the time) and I saw the same The Cheerleading Worlds 2013 and was like "huh...? This sounds interesting..." Haha my older sister walked by and was like "ohhh, this is worlds! haha" I asked her if she went but she said no cause she quit allstar cheer in like 03 or 04 so her team didn't qualify for 04 worlds. (She switched to HS school cheer instead) Anyway... I was actually really impressed by it too! I kept marking it and kept saying "hit hit hit" in the car, in my room, you name it! Haha, so I tried joining Factor Allstars for the 13-14 season. I couldn't join it cause I was already thinking about track and cross country, the money was expensive for us at the time. So anyway, somehow I was able to join (Factor Allstars was then renamed to American Elite for the 14-15 season.) And So I was like really new to it. Not just that but I joined my middle school team a few weeks before it too, so I had no tumbling (all I literally had was a punch front at the time.) But hey, it's my 3rd year doing cheer and I'm on a senior 4 team! If I hadn't clicked on the channel, I don't know what I would be doing, maybe track and/or cross country. But I'm just happy that I found this sport SO SO SOOO much! It's all I care about, even more then school cx) Anyway, I bet none of you care about this but I just wanted to share it. *P.S, I've never been to worlds but I'm still glad about your moments there!*

That is cool. I know that there are two other families who post here who got lured into the sport by the tv broadcasts too. I doubt she would be cheering if it was not for that broadcast that day.

That is cool. I know that there are two other families who post here who got lured into the sport by the tv broadcasts too. I doubt she would be cheering if it was not for that broadcast that day.
haha, me neither tbh! I'm so glad I found it too!

Thanks for resurrecting this thread! So many feels going back and reading it all.

Tsunami 2011 popped up on Youtube for me yesterday and I cried all over again.

Tsunami 2011 was how I learned about all star cheer. I was in my 8th grade year of cheer looking up cheer magazines (I wanted to know if they were out there!) and the first article was a story about that. I couldn't believe it. Then I dug out the video and was like "holy cow!" That began my trip down the rabbit hole of all star cheer.

Even though I joined cheer a few seasons back, I always find myself watching Premier Sharks '08 routine

There music, there routine *unlimited shimmies*

Love there dance!!

Last edited:
Back