All-Star Worlds Poor Performance

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I can only imagine what it feels like to walk out and the entire arena is chanting your name...so amazing

But that goes back to the fact that I feel they should stop handing out at-large bids so that all of the partial and paid bid teams get a chance at performing int the Milkhouse and perhaps reducing the amount of people attending.

even if they stopped handing out bids...I highly doubt that will reduce the number of people attending by alot because people will still come just to watch. Ive been the past 4 years in a row...I dont plan on missing one unless i HAVE too. Honestly I didnt think worlds was Packkkked until the Large Senior division...& I dont think that will ever change no matter what location its at in the world.

But that goes back to the fact that I feel they should stop handing out at-large bids so that all of the partial and paid bid teams get a chance at performing int the Milkhouse and perhaps reducing the amount of people attending.
Still think you will have numerous spectators regardless of their level of bid. I know of quite a number of people that is their spring vacation. (I would choose the beach but that's just me)

I don't think I've ever seen so many flyers hit the mat with the spotter standing right next to them. Now i know they can't catch everyone but please atleast make an attempt.

I hate those spotters... had a spotter get too close to one of our stunts in high school and the backspot sprained her ankle stepping on his foot.

It's not the company's spotter's job to catch the flyer- IT'S HER GROUP

No real complaints. More curiosity... how did they get so far behind?

The number of routines performed meant the schedule was tighter than it would have ideally been, which is also why warmups were cut down to 10 minutes. Beyond that there were injuries that cause teams to go again, teams being slow to get set because of a team chant, etc., teams slow to get off the mat because they were celebrating, and other things like that leading to a team taking 30-60 seconds longer than scheduled.

I loved Worlds! I learned if you want to just walk in and sit up front then just become great friends with who's sitting there and sit in their laps. In jostens...just make your way up to the side of the stage. I was lucky. i got to see EVERY team I came to see and I saw them all front row. The large senior crowd was AMAZINGGG and I loved going absolutely nuts for those teams. I wish they'd let us sit on the green carpet at milkhouse like they do at UCA.

The number of routines performed meant the schedule was tighter than it would have ideally been, which is also why warmups were cut down to 10 minutes. Beyond that there were injuries that cause teams to go again, teams being slow to get set because of a team chant, etc., teams slow to get off the mat because they were celebrating, and other things like that leading to a team taking 30-60 seconds longer than scheduled.

Im sorry, I wasnt really asking. That was more like my thoughts on the actual days of worlds... But thanks for the explanation!!! :)

Nahhh, when I was watching large senior finals (7 teams) I didn't think the massive crowd was due to too many small limited coed teams.

Allstar cheerleading has become a spectator sport. There were massive amounts of people there just to watch.
Really because 60+ small limited and small senior teams aren't too much? Can't tell you how many times I watched teams with 5 or 6 fulls and thats it.

The argument that worlds isn't too big is a joke.

Really because 60+ small limited and small senior teams aren't too much? Can't tell you how many times I watched teams with 5 or 6 fulls and thats it.

The argument that worlds isn't too big is a joke.
So, if those let's say bottom 10 teams with "5 or 6" fulls don't go to worlds, then the milkhouse will be at the proper seating capacity when the large senior division competes?

So, if those let's say bottom 10 teams with "5 or 6" fulls don't go to worlds, then the milkhouse will be at the proper seating capacity when the large senior division competes?

No because that wasn't my main concern. However, the competition would run a lot more smoothly, and people would have less complaints.

How many families would come if their sons or daughters weren't competiting? Not many, because worlds is expensive when you live on the other side of the country. That would clear up some space.

The competition wouldn't have been behind as far as it was. An hour and a half at some points... is ridiculous.

Also, the dissatisfaction held by some of having to compete in jostens and not the milkhouse could have been alleviated if less teams were there.

Less teams=everyone can fit in the milkhouse.

And to be honest, I dont know why everyone has to be some confrontative on this website. You know those are valid arguments, why say anything in the first place?

The competition wouldn't have been behind as far as it was. An hour and a half at some points... is ridiculous.

I was there when the program started at exactly 8am. I swear, the first two teams came on the mat and each had someone vomit on the mat in the middle of the routine. Another team or two later, someone hurt themselves. Other teams came on the mat and waved wildly, which delayed their start. Next couple of teams, another vomit and injury. These were ALL at-large teams on Saturday morning.

Because of this, the schedule was thrown off. Luckily the judges took at quick break instead of the mandatory 1:00-3:00 break. I think they took a 1/2 hour because I remember looking at my clock and it was 2:15 and we were'nt done with the first half (which was supposed to end at 1:00pm). There were some Crimson Heat fans in front of me who were to perform about 3:30 and I asked them if they were performing on time or do we have to wait 2 hours after this first half fiasco with at-large bids is over. They had no clue, but, like I said, the judges took a very short break and came back at 3:00pm.

Again, get rid of the at-large bids or impose a mandatory score minimum. It was the at-large teams that caused the delay. I mean, come on, vomit?, I know your nervous but you should be a seasoned professional if you come out on that floor. If you have an early performance time you should know whether to eat or not eat, or find another sport.

There were no delays on Sunday - and these were FINALS with awards, that's why I blame the at-large teams for causing the delay on Saturday.

Back