All-Star Worlds Updates/discussion: Day 2

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I know this reply is a bit late but I'm 15hrs ahead of you guys (time difference) so all this discussion happens when I'm sleeping = it's taken me all day to read through all 98 pages of this thread!

Huai Hua CollegeChina score was a 98.87

Did anyone see this routine??

now i really wanna see Huai Hua College China routine. anyone know why they got such a bad score

Watched it on VOD just then as I too was wondering why their score was so low.
Routine only had 6 people in it. 4sf, 2 illegal baskets (back tuck and layout), illegal dismount (front tuck), no double downs, only tumbling was 2 RO tucks and RO lays. There is probably more I missed.

I don't understand how/why these teams get bids. :confused:

You missed the best part, their tumbling was crazy such great form!

They were fantastic! :) They have a great coach from the US who is their permanent head coach for one (or maybe more) of their gyms - I think (for international teams) that having experienced American coaches is SUCH an advantage and really helps us progress so much!

So any US coaches feel free to come over for a visit ;) Working holiday by the beach anyone?! :)

Does anyone know the scores between Puerto Rico X-Street and Camperdown (IOC5 international teams, not USA)? I know they're all international teams but I would think their scores would have been announced by now..

Or these two IO6 teams: CLL Spurs & Universidad Tech

As far as I know CLL Spurs didn't compete (don't know why), at least I didn't see them on livefeed and I was specifically watching out for them.

Am I the only person who wishes they would only take the top 10 from the international divisions as well? The 3 from each country would rule would still apply.. but I don't see the deal in having a team who was ranked last today compete tomorrow because they were the only team from their country with, more than likely, very similar results.
I like there being 3 from each country, however I do think there should be a bottom score the international teams need to get in order to compete in finals.

Lawdy! Orlando Allstars, Scheiße, by lady gaga is a CUSS word in German.. . And how ironic that a German team comes on after you!!! Shame!!!!
The German teAms music didn't yell bulls*** in english!!! So why is it ok for Orlando's music to yell the same word in german?? It's not!

Its Scheiße their coach put it in their music!
Sorry im tardy to the party but I disagree but was there a deduction?

I like there being 3 from each country, however I do think there should be a bottom score the international teams need to get in order to compete in finals.

THIS THIS THIS!

I think 120 would be a reasonable bottom marker? Not just for the fact it's pointless sending a team so off-the-pace out there, it'll encourage people to be clean and improve their skills (as well as reading up on the rulebook by the sounds of things...)

THIS THIS THIS!

I think 120 would be a reasonable bottom marker? Not just for the fact it's pointless sending a team so off-the-pace out there, it'll encourage people to be clean and improve their skills (as well as reading up on the rulebook by the sounds of things...)
Personally I would have the bottom marker as 150; only because worlds should be for the best of the best and if you're getting less than a 50% score then you're really not the best.

Back