All-Star Wrist Brace?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

mybabywantstotumble

Cheer Parent
May 21, 2011
cp complained that her wrist was hurting when she was tumbling. she's 8 so i originally thought it was really that she wanted a brace to wear to look like the older girls so i bought her a cheap one from target. it seems as though she does tumble better when she wears it and complains about her wrist if she's not wearing it.

any suggestions on where to get a decent one in a kid size?

Not exactly the same issue, but my wrist would hurt whenever I was basing and I got one that just wraps around my wrist like this. They sell them at CVS, Dicks, and my friend found a great Under Armor one at Ross (I don't think you'd need to buy a real expensive brace). It did wonders at first, but only hurt me in the long run. I started to ween myself off of it near the end of my senior year but I wish I had done it so much sooner.

If it honestly hurts her that bad then I would take her to the doctor. If not, let her use it for a while but don't let her depend on it. You and her coaches will know what's best, but that's my suggestion from experience!

thanks! i might just try that one and see how she does with it. the one i had from target wrapped around her thumb too but it was cheap and fell apart and it was too big for her.

Back