All-Star Youth International?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

that's a good point too. there is no way a traditionally muslim family will let their child wear little to no clothing. -not sure what the primary ethnicity for this area/gym would be.. but a good example.

and i still think these children should be incorporated with other kids to make friends.. why exclude them even more?

someone brought up a grant and that is making plausible.. i work at a nonprofit and there are so many grant opportunities for physical activities for children of specific minority groups/religions/disabilities/anything you can think of other than an american born white child. but then i find it hard to believe a for profit all star gym received a grant?

is anyone on here from the gym?

Exactly.

I cant see this working... I live right outside of detroit in a city thats known for having a ton of people that move from Iraq and their culture is just SO different. Parents are often a lot stricter.
Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the TLC show American Muslim shot around there because of the high Muslim population? They would definitely not let their kids cheer since their religion is all about being modest and not showing too much skin, which cancels out cheerleading.

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the TLC show American Muslim shot around there because of the high Muslim population? They would definitely not let their kids cheer since their religion is all about being modest and not showing too much skin, which cancels out cheerleading.
that show was shot in deaborn michigan which is south of detroit and actually has the highest arabic population in the us. I live 15 minutes north of detroit but we have a pretty big middle eastern population too.

Back