All-Star Youth International?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

With it being free/sponsored I take it as either a tv show or something involving a grant related project, more so than a business strategy to bring in more kids

So do you have to speak a different language to qualify, I mean I am on international decent, pretty much everyone is, I don't understand how they could turn anyone away from the verbage they used, it sounds like a free youth team to me. Literally.

What exactly are the qualifications for 'true international'? I mean, my grandparents on my fathers side were fresh-off-the-boat italians, but both my parents were born here..I can apply for dual citizenship, but I've never lived anywhere but America? I'm trying to figure out where they're going with this?

I cant see this working... I live right outside of detroit in a city thats known for having a ton of people that move from Iraq and their culture is just SO different. Parents are often a lot stricter.

I cant see this working... I live right outside of detroit in a city thats known for having a ton of people that move from Iraq and their culture is just SO different. Parents are often a lot stricter.

that's a good point too. there is no way a traditionally muslim family will let their child wear little to no clothing. -not sure what the primary ethnicity for this area/gym would be.. but a good example.

and i still think these children should be incorporated with other kids to make friends.. why exclude them even more?

someone brought up a grant and that is making plausible.. i work at a nonprofit and there are so many grant opportunities for physical activities for children of specific minority groups/religions/disabilities/anything you can think of other than an american born white child. but then i find it hard to believe a for profit all star gym received a grant?

is anyone on here from the gym?

ok whats a international youth team...like just a regular youth team...just with athletes from other countries...I'm just not grasping the concept...:confused:?

So do you have to speak a different language to qualify, I mean I am on international decent, pretty much everyone is, I don't understand how they could turn anyone away from the verbage they used, it sounds like a free youth team to me. Literally.

I'm with you. With the wording, pretty much EVERYONE in the US that's of youth age would qualify for this. We're all of "international descent", aren't we? (Well, except Native Americans I guess...so maybe they should have just said "Open to everyone except Native Americans":confused:) So if I lived closer to Midwest, I could take my 10-year-old cp for a free youth team?

I'm with you. With the wording, pretty much EVERYONE in the US that's of youth age would qualify for this. We're all of "international descent", aren't we? (Well, except Native Americans I guess...so maybe they should have just said "Open to everyone except Native Americans":confused:) So if I lived closer to Midwest, I could take my 10-year-old cp for a free youth team?
exactly, If they would of worded it a little different, maybe 'if you are new to the states and moved here from an international location this is the team for you' maybe that that would make more sense but hey, free team right? lol.

exactly, If they would of worded it a little different, maybe 'if you are new to the states and moved here from an international location this is the team for you' maybe that that would make more sense but hey, free team right? lol.

So, let's assume that this is what they meant. What is the purpose? If everything goes 100% right, what is the benefit?

This is one of those sports where a lot of kids who start it, love it, and continue on with it, and I just couldn't see letting my daughter fall in love with something I can't afford to continue.

So, let's assume that this is what they meant. What is the purpose? If everything goes 100% right, what is the benefit?
I am not quite sure, but maybe to introduce kids to the sport? I am intrigued to see what comes of it, yet I have idea what the need for it is.

Here's how I see it. I'm Ethiopian and I'm a cheerleader which is uncommon. The way my parents and most of the Ethiopians I know work is that one family will try something and if they really like it, they tell all their friends and they usually follow.when most of the parents hear "cheerleading" they think of the stereotypical society view of it, but me and all my sisters cheer and my mom loves it so she's told almost everyone she's met. When they realize that cheer isn't what they think it is, most of them love it and stick with it. So all in all I guess they're just trying to change the non realistic international view of cheer? Idk just a thought.

Here's how I see it. I'm Ethiopian and I'm a cheerleader which is uncommon. The way my parents and most of the Ethiopians I know work is that one family will try something and if they really like it, they tell all their friends and they usually follow.when most of the parents hear "cheerleading" they think of the stereotypical society view of it, but me and all my sisters cheer and my mom loves it so she's told almost everyone she's met. When they realize that cheer isn't what they think it is, most of them love it and stick with it. So all in all I guess they're just trying to change the non realistic international view of cheer? Idk just a thought.

If this is the idea and it works, I will loudly proclaim my stupidity.

Back