All-Star 2011 Worlds ... Gymnastics That Is.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

worlds is every 4 years, just like the olympics. its just on a different 4 year schedule
Worlds is every year for gymnastics except during the olympic year
2011 was in Tokyo
2010 was in Rotterdam
2009 was in London

2015 will be in Glasgow :) quite excited to go and see the world champs as well as when we host the Commonwealth games in 2014.
So sad that I didn't get Olympic tickets though:(

Women's Vault Finals Update:
1. McKayla Maroney USA - 15.300
2. Oksana Chusovitina GER - 14.733
3. Phan VIE - 14.666
4. Jade Barbosa BRA
5. Giulia Steingruber SUI
6. Tatiana Nabieva RUS
7. Moreno Medina MEX

Women's Uneven Bars Finals Update:
1. Viktoria Komova RUS - 15.500
2. Tatiana Nabieva RUS - 15.000
3. Huang Qiushuang CHN - 14.833
4. Jordyn Wieber USA
5. Gabrielle Douglas USA/Asuka Teramoto JPN
6. Koko Tsurumi JPN
7. Youna Dufournet FRA

OH .... MY ... GOSH....

FX - Komova RUS - 14.333 Counted her step out of the turn as a fall. She's in tears.

Wieber also in tears, but a very different kind. Proud of her for fighting through this competition, coming back like she did is always impressive. Congratulations Jordyn Wieber the new All Around World Champion!!!
I watched the routine...and I just can't see how they counted that as a fall. Don't get me wrong, I'm so happy for Jordyn, and she came back swinging..but am I missing something? Is it my angle on the video?

I watched the routine...and I just can't see how they counted that as a fall. Don't get me wrong, I'm so happy for Jordyn, and she came back swinging..but am I missing something? Is it my angle on the video?
Well, I don't think they would have counted its difficulty since she didn't really complete the skill, and then she had a pretty good sized step out of it, showing that she didn't have great control of it. That's the only way I could see them counting it as a fall. She also had some pretty low landings out of tumbling passes which would have made for a few deductions, but I still don't completely understanding how the score was so low.

I'm also very excited for Jordyn. I always fall for a good comeback, and honestly I would love to her win after seeing Komova's attitude in a loss, but still I'm little confused about that last score.

Well, I don't think they would have counted its difficulty since she didn't really complete the skill, and then she had a pretty good sized step out of it, showing that she didn't have great control of it. That's the only way I could see them counting it as a fall. She also had some pretty low landings out of tumbling passes which would have made for a few deductions, but I still don't completely understanding how the score was so low.

I'm also very excited for Jordyn. I always fall for a good comeback, and honestly I would love to her win after seeing Komova's attitude in a loss, but still I'm little confused about that last score.
Maybe I need to see a video of her completing it the way they want her to, for comparison. I could see them deducting for some of her other landings (some of which I think detracted more from her skills than her turn did)..but from how I saw it, I could see dropping some on execution. Although I will say I understand a crushing loss and not being able to dance around afterwards, her attitude afterwards DID NOT make me want to see a reversal in score.

Off of that...
I don't really like a sore loser to win, if they're not going to be satisfied with doing their best. She was a bit of a brat on the medal podium.
However, Tatiana Nabieva winning a bars silver, after coming so close to an individual medal many times but just falling short...yes, she has a lot of sass but I've never seen her truly throw a fit about not getting a medal. She's more so seemed to have an, oh well not this time kind of attitude about her performances. But watching her eyes glued to the score board talking to her coach worried, saying she didn't know if it would be enough for a bronze, not assuming she was the best in anyway...then seeing that she had gotten a silver, and becoming overwhelmed by tears of happiness... THAT is my favorite kind of medalist. The one that is simply thrilled to be there and do her best. And on the medal podium, she was just beaming, so excited to get her silver medal. I don't know, it was just a really great, humbling thing to see. Even with her scary vaulting, I prefer to see her get a medal over Mustafina or Komova any day.

Exactly, there is a big difference with being a little disappointed, and snooting around giving sarcastic answers to the media, and trying to walk away from podium pictures ripping the medal off from around your neck. In the pictures she is just stone faced too, no expression. It's just a shame to see.

I find her attitude completely reasonable. In my opinion (even counting the double tuck landing, and the double tuck landing, as I don't think the landing on the triple was bad enough for much of a deduction), Komova was underscored. Yes she fell out of the turn, but she deserved that first place. To be fair, her and Jordyn are both young gymnasts who, in all likelihood, are going to be able to compete in 2016, and she shouldn't be acting like that with many more Worlds and large championships to come, but Idk... I don't see anything wrong with a gymnast showing their displeasure. It is also very heat-of-the-moment. She is no doubt happy with that silver, but in that moment she was angry. I guess it shows her lack of experience (I say this based off of her age) that she can't pull it together and throw a fake smile on, but I don't completely blame her.

I find her attitude completely reasonable. In my opinion (even counting the double tuck landing, and the double tuck landing, as I don't think the landing on the triple was bad enough for much of a deduction), Komova was underscored. Yes she fell out of the turn, but she deserved that first place. To be fair, her and Jordyn are both young gymnasts who, in all likelihood, are going to be able to compete in 2016, and she shouldn't be acting like that with many more Worlds and large championships to come, but Idk... I don't see anything wrong with a gymnast showing their displeasure. It is also very heat-of-the-moment. She is no doubt happy with that silver, but in that moment she was angry. I guess it shows her lack of experience (I say this based off of her age) that she can't pull it together and throw a fake smile on, but I don't completely blame her.
Yes, I agree she was underscored, I was just talking about how I saw her attitude but you are very right about her age. I didn't take that into consideration too much, but I'm forgetting she's only 16 and that this was only her first World Championships. I recall a very bratty, angry Nastia losing to Chellsie Memmel in a similar way back in the 2005 World Championships, but Nastia turned out to be a very mature, well composed gymnast (in my opinion) in her prime year of the Olympics and at then she was 19.

I believe Shawn Johnson was an insanely mature gymnast for 16 on her Olympic stage being edged out as the favorite for all-around gold and getting silver, but to me, Shawn always seemed to be very mature for her years. The composure she kept in Olympic all-around interviews, fighting back tears, but still smiling and saying how proud and happy she was, was so very admirable to me.

..I know this is Worlds thread, but Pan Am games are on..for free. Terra is broadcasting and you can watch it online live with picture in picture! Rhythmic is on right now (I don't really get it- and it seems not very gymnastics-y..really dance-like and not a lot of tumbling. Mostly flexibility, leaping, and front/back walkover variations)..as is taekwondo.

Yes, I agree she was underscored, I was just talking about how I saw her attitude but you are very right about her age. I didn't take that into consideration too much, but I'm forgetting she's only 16 and that this was only her first World Championships. I recall a very bratty, angry Nastia losing to Chellsie Memmel in a similar way back in the 2005 World Championships, but Nastia turned out to be a very mature, well composed gymnast (in my opinion) in her prime year of the Olympics and at then she was 19.

I believe Shawn Johnson was an insanely mature gymnast for 16 on her Olympic stage being edged out as the favorite for all-around gold and getting silver, but to me, Shawn always seemed to be very mature for her years. The composure she kept in Olympic all-around interviews, fighting back tears, but still smiling and saying how proud and happy she was, was so very admirable to me.

I wont have called it bratty, I probably would have reacted the same way coming into finals as the leader to lose by .001

Back