All-Star 2012-2013 Age Grid For Worlds Teams

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Rudags

Two Time Defending Champion, Board Comedian
Dec 14, 2009
I got wind from someone "high up" (for lack of better words) in the industry that next season - You have to be 13 to be on a Worlds team. This person is on several boards that I imagine they would be getting accurate information and furthermore would NOT be spreading inaccurate information. I didnt know if anyone else heard this, everyone already knows about it and I am slow, or someone knows when an official announcement will be made? With many teams having tryouts starting next month - didn't know what the official plan was.

I have a friend who is moving out of state and is picking new gym to be at - and clearly this makes a different to her 12 year old daughter if she needs to look for a J5 gym or a Senior 5 gym.... Thanks so much!

Kyle

I got wind from someone "high up" (for lack of better words) in the industry that next season - You have to be 13 to be on a Worlds team. This person is on several boards that I imagine they would be getting accurate information and furthermore would NOT be spreading inaccurate information. I didnt know if anyone else heard this, everyone already knows about it and I am slow, or someone knows when an official announcement will be made? With many teams having tryouts starting next month - didn't know what the official plan was.

I have a friend who is moving out of state and is picking new gym to be at - and clearly this makes a different to her 12 year old daughter if she needs to look for a J5 gym or a Senior 5 gym.... Thanks so much!

Kyle
brooke told me that at practice!!

I have mixed feelings on that.

I can 100% agree with it because lots of 12 year old are still not mature enough to handle such pressure.... BUT there are a few like my oldest Kayla who was a very mature 12 year old when she was 12. Maybe this will help cut down on all the flyers looking like they belong on a j5 and the senior teams will look more older.

I could be completely making this up but for some reason I recall that this had been the talk all along. To ultimately get the age to 13.

UGH!!!! Someone want to break that to my almost 12 year old and all the other kids that are so happy that they are finally old enough to be on a World's team! I really hope this isn't the case and they aren't just going to drop that bomb on us a month before tryouts!

Kyle
13 at the time of Worlds or 13 all season?

Same issue when the age was made 12 instead of 11. There will be some kids that will have to stay on a Jr. team one more year.

Ive also gotten some info PM'ed that possibly no more standing fulls, bounding skills, etc.... Lets hope these are all conspiracy theories!!!

Ive also gotten some info PM'ed that possibly no more standing fulls, bounding skills, etc.... Lets hope these are all conspiracy theories!!!
:eek: I really hope that this isn't the case.

I do like the idea of the age change to 13 though and call me crazy but I wouldn't mind it being 14 like it is for the International 5 divisions and then moving the International divisions to 16+.

13 was the discussion last summer at the NACCC.
Having a higher floor on senior teams would help populate the junior divisions a little more.

There has also been discussion for quite some time about pulling tumbling back to some degree. The injuries are getting a little out of hand.

Latest posts

Back