All-Star 2012-2013 Practice Wear

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

everyone is saying its impractical but it cant be too impractical if the team is successfully practicing in it
There were plenty of impractical uniforms last season. That didn't stop those teams from competing in them, so I don't think that says much.....
Example: I could "successfully" practice in a swimsuit, but that wouldn't make it any less impractical. Just my opinion.

There were plenty of impractical uniforms last season. That didn't stop those teams from competing in them, so I don't think that says much.....
Example: I could "successfully" practice in a swimsuit, but that wouldn't make it any less impractical. Just my opinion.

i see what you mean, but for me, practicality means the team is able to and enjoys practicing in the particular clothing. If they were having wardrobe malfunctions while practicing or the team felt uncomfortable in the clothes, then i would consider it impractical. but since a former member on the team said that everyone likes practicing in them, i don't see the issue.

Please don't get me wrong. I think it's very pretty, just not functional and should not find its way to the competition floor. Admit it, you know it's possible and not too far fetched!

I have to say, it is very possible to see a team trying to pull off a uniform like that!
But also, almost every girl has the clear strap bra as it is required to wear with the competition uniform. There was also the option to wear just a normal black sports bra underneath (which IMO, didn't even look bad with the straps laying over the black.)

practice wear while cute and all, is just a bit ridiculous to me. why cant you just wear a t shirt and shorts and call it day then spending more money on cheer clothes.
maybe its just me.

Our gym includes in reg a pair of soffees and a t-shirt for practice wear so it doesn't have to be all that. This said I would love if they had a tank option - even one we could buy directly from them. Our coach allows our girls to wear tanks especially at tumble practices. That said she has commented before when we are getting down to brass tax that every girl needs to have on their t-shirts so she can spot mishaps.

If you wear a bra with a clear back, I dont see how there could be an issue.

Also, didn't FAME SuperSeniors have this style bra before FAB5?

Just went to Glitterstars website and Fab 5, Top Notch are all from there. They have the designs available to custom order.

On a side note our gym orders practice wear as part of our camp fee. Normally its just screenprinted tanks and tshirts with soffee style shorts but this year the coach went for nicer stuff. Our camp fee was a bit higher this year but the apparel is all spandex or under armor type apparel so it will hold up better. They are assigned certain things to wear during camp and they will be asked to wear certain outfits during extra practices or practices right before comps, however the rest of the time they can wear whatever they want.
Okay, so I just checked out this website and I was a bit surprised at the cost for some of this stuff....wow!

I have no problem with cute and original practice wear if it it's functional (aka no metal rings which could break someone's tooth or other body part if slammed against), comfortable and actually going to be worn during the season. What I dislike is when gyms order mandatory practice wear that is either uncomfortable (longer, heavy sports bras; sports bras or Nike-pro type shorts that are bedazzled and therefore uncomfortable) or only worn once during the season. If a gym goes to the effort of having true practice wear and the parents pay for it, make the athletes wear it. And if it is not worn more than 1-2 times, have the same practice wear the following season so parents can at least try to get 2 seasons out of it.

Eeeek after seeing so many cute designs I can't wait for our senior 5s practice wear to come in. I'm not allowed to post pics until we actually have the gear in our hands and on the athletes but just wait until we can post! Such a cute design through rebel athletic, can't wait for the final product!

562947_4335381783998_1158977522_n.jpg

Back