All-Star 2012 - 2013 Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

i really miss platinum when they had 5 stunt groups (which 2 of them did 360 ball up tick tock and one of them did 540 ball up tick tock, if i'm not mistaken). this is the real Platinum Athletic that i know :)

F5 leaves me with a generally neutral feeling throughout the routine- granted, the only reason why I watched it was because I knew I could watch it on sound without getting 'Miss Hunnay' screamed at me. I think I threw up a little just typing that :confused:..

Dance has great energy, and I agree that their in-between transitions look great. Pyramid has RIDICULOUS downtime even though they're putting in skills (which boggles my mind), and it on the whole needs some routine cleaning.

I feel like you can get away with less stunt groups IF you're doing a stunt that surpasses the difficulty beyond compare, and are throwing in another level 5 sequence with full numbers. HOWEVER- it really only worked the one year when CEA did it as it took everyone by surprise. So I don't know if you could get away with it on a year like this when EVERYONE is pushing boundaries. We'll know soon anyway..

That routine, or maybe just that performance, does not scream F5 to me. Even just in videos, you can feel F5 performing, feel the girls putting everything into it, but it just felt so... Blah. The skills are there, I just don't think F5's wow factor/performance ability is in it yet.

i really miss platinum when they had 5 stunt groups (which 2 of them did 360 ball up tick tock and one of them did 540 ball up tick tock, if i'm not mistaken). this is the real Platinum Athletic that i know :)

All programs go through cycles. Athletes graduate, get injured, quit, go to different gyms, and new athletes have to step in and step up. It is usually just more noticeable in smaller gyms because they don't have the depth of talent to immediately replace what they lose. Smaller gyms don't typically have a bunch of athletes with jaw dropping competition ready Level 5 skills waiting in the wings on lower level teams or not Worlds teams to step in. It takes time, training, program adjustments and patience. If I know anything at all about Rudags, they will be back where you are used to seeing them. For real.

That routine, or maybe just that performance, does not scream F5 to me. Even just in videos, you can feel F5 performing, feel the girls putting everything into it, but it just felt so... Blah. The skills are there, I just don't think F5's wow factor/performance ability is in it yet.

I feel like after watching a bunch of videos from that competition, it seemed like the venue kind of sucked out all of the energy from what I saw. Almost every routine had a blahhhhh feel to it.

they are small coed 5 right? i feel like i'm watching small restricted coed 5 team or something like that..

That was our first competition of the season. Not making excuses, but we had several quitters, injuries, etc, so it is what it is and we were ecstatic just to be on the floor, finally. By all means, we are not at the skill level we were two years ago.... most teams won't ever be. We've upped our skills. We've added four doubles and some standing to doubles and several one to fulls, etc. Also working on upping our stunts dramatically. We'll take the restricted comment and keep doing our thing. Im confident in our coaching staff and our kids drive that we will do what we need to do to be competitive, whether or not those goals meet peoples standards.

Two years ago people said we should be in restricted and we got a full paid bid when it was all said and done. I know what it takes to be on top, and we'll get to where my goals are for the team one way or another.

I'll also still maintain my stance of not posting videos to the public of teams who's aren't mine. Especially gyms down the street.

Thank you tumbleyoda for the support. Your teams look amazing this year of what I have seen so far.

Thanks for the kind words. We will get back to that skill level again. Just takes hard work!

All programs go through cycles. Athletes graduate, get injured, quit, go to different gyms, and new athletes have to step in and step up. It is usually just more noticeable in smaller gyms because they don't have the depth of talent to immediately replace what they lose. Smaller gyms don't typically have a bunch of athletes with jaw dropping competition ready Level 5 skills waiting in the wings on lower level teams or not Worlds teams to step in. It takes time, training, program adjustments and patience. If I know anything at all about Rudags, they will be back where you are used to seeing them. For real.

None of us at Platinum are worried as Rudags said thanks for your support tumbleyoda

How does platinum stunts score? I know they have majority but the other two groups dont negatively affect the score at all. They looked really clean for it to be so early in the season.

Back