All-Star 2012 - 2013 Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

How does platinum stunts score? I know they have majority but the other two groups dont negatively affect the score at all. They looked really clean for it to be so early in the season.

Are you asking about two years ago with our 3/5 Ball Up 360's? Or this years little ole stunt sequence?

Either way, We took a lot of heat from Fierceboard and such for only have three, but we were in majority so we scored very well on all scoresheets. We only competed All three at three events, Champion Spirit, Mardi Gras, and Worlds. Champion Spirit Scored them a 9.2/15 because of their funky scoresheets back then. After we made changes to our second stunt, we scored a 14.8/15 on Day 2. At Mardi Gras, I believe we scored a near perfect score (This was the cleanest we ever competed them) Here is a video:

At Worlds in 2011, We scored a 24.5/25 in Stunt Difficulty in Semi-Finals and I believe a 24.2 in Finals (our point dropped to smash but still tick tocked). Overall, I would say being majority was the way to go. Stack three and leave two.

This year, we have only really competed once on a normal scoresheet. We scored a 9.7 on Jam Brands Difficulty and 9.4 Execution. Our stunts are no where near our goal. We'll have a show before the end of the year for you, just gotta build those progressions. Platinum is typically a 'late bloomer' in Level 5. We don't get good or get our full potential in until Feburary/March which is good for us. Gotta weed our the quitters and drama the first half of the year. LOL.

CA Wildcats 2010 Center flyer had an Amazing Needle and good jumps.

And idk if anyone can answer this for me but what was her name and is she still cheering anywhere?

I'm in awe of her effortless double down. I don't think I've ever seen one like that. It looks like she doesn't have to pull or anything. She just....floats.

That was our first competition of the season. Not making excuses, but we had several quitters, injuries, etc, so it is what it is and we were ecstatic just to be on the floor, finally. By all means, we are not at the skill level we were two years ago.... most teams won't ever be. We've upped our skills. We've added four doubles and some standing to doubles and several one to fulls, etc. Also working on upping our stunts dramatically. We'll take the restricted comment and keep doing our thing. Im confident in our coaching staff and our kids drive that we will do what we need to do to be competitive, whether or not those goals meet peoples standards.

Two years ago people said we should be in restricted and we got a full paid bid when it was all said and done. I know what it takes to be on top, and we'll get to where my goals are for the team one way or another.

I'll also still maintain my stance of not posting videos to the public of teams who's aren't mine. Especially gyms down the street.

Thank you tumbleyoda for the support. Your teams look amazing this year of what I have seen so far.
hmm, i think you're right. it's too early to judge anyway since this is their first comp of the season. besides, i always believe that we will earn great reward if we work hard :)
well, i'm sure you guys will be improved. can't wait to see Platinum coming back strong at next comp! good luck guys! :D

I'm in awe of her effortless double down. I don't think I've ever seen one like that. It looks like she doesn't have to pull or anything. She just....floats.
I knowww, And the Fact that it was from a straight leg scorp was ever more crazy!

Finally after years of trying, this division is where it should be. TRUE COED STUNTS!!!!!!!

I keep hearing people talk about true coed stunts and still don't see the big deal. Tossing to hands, pressing up to lib and popping off is nothing spectacular to me. I don't know of any senior level coed 5 team that can't do that..even if it's not in the routine. That is a skill that people fool around with just for fun. I strongly doubt that for example, Top Gun's coed team doesn't have any boys that can toss a girl to a lib without any help. IMO I don't think true coed stunting is necessary in that division. Now if an entire stunt sequence is done with one boy and one girl (or even a full up/advanced skill) that would be a different story..I'd def be amazed by that. I just don't get the hype around these teams with true coed stunting, when they toss girls up for 2 seconds and come right back down.

My comment is not meant to bash, hate nor disrespect Coed Elite. I was only using them as an example, along w/ Top Gun. I think both teams look awesome this year.

I keep hearing people talk about true coed stunts and still don't see the big deal. Tossing to hands, pressing up to lib and popping off is nothing spectacular to me. I don't know of any senior level coed 5 team that can't do that..even if it's not in the routine. That is a skill that people fool around with just for fun. I strongly doubt that for example, Top Gun's coed team doesn't have any boys that can toss a girl to a lib without any help. IMO I don't think true coed stunting is necessary in that division. Now if an entire stunt sequence is done with one boy and one girl (or even a full up/advanced skill) that would be a different story..I'd def be amazed by that. I just don't get the hype around these teams with true coed stunting, when they toss girls up for 2 seconds and come right back down.

My comment is not meant to bash, hate nor disrespect Coed Elite. I was only using them as an example, along w/ Top Gun. I think both teams look awesome this year.
but what i heard is True Coed Stunt is definitely an advantage in Jambrands score sheets (especially at MAJORS 2013 comp)

I don't know of any senior level coed 5 team that can't do that..even if it's not in the routine. That is a skill that people fool around with just for fun.
it's hard for me to believe any team who put true coed stunt in their routine just add it for fun. i think they do it to max their scoresheet :)

it's hard for me to believe any team who put true coed stunt in their routine just add it for fun. i think they do it to max their scoresheet :)

Of course the coaches didn't add it for fun. That is not what I said. If it maxes out the scoresheet, that makes sense.

Edited: I still don't see that making or breaking a high score.

Of course the coaches didn't add it for fun. That is not what I said. If it maxes out the scoresheet, that makes sense.

Edited: I still don't see that making or breaking a high score.
What makes me most mad is if a team has boys that can coed stunt, they usually don't tumble. I want to see a team where they have it all

Back