All-Star 2012 London Olympics

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

With all due respect to John Lennon's talent, I despise the song "Imagine".

Throughout the song, he claims that religion is bad. There's no heaven or hell, so just do whatever you want, whenever you want.

Possessions are bad. No need to plan for anything, just live for today.

No need for countries. Ironic as pointed out in previous messages playing this at the Olympics which celebrates competition.

Everyone living in peace. The world can have peace; everyone just has to give up any desire for freedom.

It's juvenile; naive and ultimately a very destructive world view.
Gee tell us how you really feel...;)

Karl Marx also imagined no possessions. Look how that ended up for a solid 61 million Soviet citizens, in addition to millions of Cambodians, Cubans, and Chinese. Lennon himself said the song was anti-capitalist and anti-nationalistic. The Olympics is ALL ABOUT nationalism--you're winning medals for your country. Nobody parades around with a United Nations or European Union flag after winning a medal, they're waving their country's flag. It's national pride. The song was a terrible, incredibly confusing choice by the closing ceremony directors.
Strongly disagree here. Nowhere in the Olympic creed, motto, or any documents about the Olympic movement does it state anything about nationalism. The Olympics are about bringing together the world through sport, culture, and education. The Olympic Movement is a key part of the bid book when countries put in for, and win bids to host. You have to show how you promote this togetherness, respect, education, and friendship. Yes, you're competing for your specific country, however the Olympics are about so much more than that, whether you want to believe it or not. For two weeks, people from all over the world come together to focus on sport, not war, not politics, not religion. IMO that's why the song was chosen. Because for two weeks you can 'imagine' life without all of that. We can agree to disagree about the song choice, but please realize the Olympics are not 'ALL ABOUT nationalism' and if that's all you get out of it then that saddens me deeply.

Strongly disagree here. Nowhere in the Olympic creed, motto, or any documents about the Olympic movement does it state anything about nationalism. The Olympics are about bringing together the world through sport, culture, and education. The Olympic Movement is a key part of the bid book when countries put in for, and win bids to host. You have to show how you promote this togetherness, respect, education, and friendship. Yes, you're competing for your specific country, however the Olympics are about so much more than that, whether you want to believe it or not. For two weeks, people from all over the world come together to focus on sport, not war, not politics, not religion. IMO that's why the song was chosen. Because for two weeks you can 'imagine' life without all of that. We can agree to disagree about the song choice, but please realize the Olympics are not 'ALL ABOUT nationalism' and if that's all you get out of it then that saddens me deeply.

ugh why are we like the same person

SO MAD AT NBC for cutting out Muse singing the GOSH-DARNED THEME SONG FOR THIS OLYMPICS

They cut it out?! :O I feel sorry for you guys with the coverage they've been giving you! We got like 20/25 EXTRA tv channels dedicated to coverage, as well as coverage online! (Obviously it helps that it was held in my country but still :p) Every night there was an Olympic round up of how the day went. It was so awesome but it sort of backfired because my family are really into them so we started to plan our schedules around the events haha!

I hope you got to see the song being played at some point!

Alessandra Ambrosio is FLAWLESS. Spice Girls gave me life. I was so excited for 'Pure Imagination' until it was Russell Brand. SO MAD AT NBC for cutting out Muse singing the GOSH-DARNED THEME SONG FOR THIS OLYMPICS. I will never watch Animal Practice again in protest...
This! I love Muse and was so excited to hear they would be playing and freaking NBC cuts it out!

Although truthfully- if we DID want cheer in the Olympics, its a good thing the age rule is 16 the year of for competitors. You think the Allstar Resort is bad? Try being in a massive village with about 10,000+ legally adult hormonal athletes from all over the WORLD. They spend thousands on keeping everything 'clean and healthy'..

This! I love Muse and was so excited to hear they would be playing and freaking NBC cuts it out!
I was watching it on the Live Stream and not to rub it in but they were quite incredible. Love Muse and couldn't believe they had them playing in the closing ceremony.

I was watching it on the Live Stream and not to rub it in but they were quite incredible. Love Muse and couldn't believe they had them playing in the closing ceremony.
I should've watched the stream! Do you know if anyone's uploaded it to YouTube or any other video site?

Im sorry I had to post this lol

tumblr_m8os8cnEK81rdpa5go1_500.gif

Does anyone have a gif of Boris dancing to the Spice Girls and/or the Royal Family dancing to Eric Idle's performance of Always Look on the Bright Side of Life?

Back