Predictions:

Aly Raisman
Jordyn Weiber
Gabby Douglas
McKayla Maroney

They need someone great on bars:
Rebecca Bross
Nastia Liukin
Anna Li (her score today was 15.99) that's the kind of score they need on this event.

Alternates:
Alicia Sacramone
^ some above

Although Kyla placed well and was consistent this weekend she doesn't have the experience and Marta probably doesn't trust she can handle the pressure a national competition vs the Olympics is much different.. She's too inexperienced to have a spot (JMO)
Yes I would have really liked to have seen Anna Li on bars....whats up with that?

I didnt watch the competition. How did Nastia look on beam. Was her bars routine bad like the 2007 nationals? If so I think three weeks is might be enough time to fix whatever problem she is having. Atleast I hope so.

I didnt watch the competition. How did Nastia look on beam. Was her bars routine bad like the 2007 nationals? If so I think three weeks is might be enough time to fix whatever problem she is having. Atleast I hope so.
I don't think there's one specific problem, I just think she's 'old' and out of olympic shape. I mean, she said she's only been doing bars for a week, so that's definitely part of it. But even on beam, she doesn't float like she used to. She's certainly not in the shape she was in last Olympics and I think maybe she expected to be at least a little bit closer to that than she is now. I don't know if 3 weeks is going to be enough to earn her a spot. I think there are others who can and are putting up the scores needed. But, I'm not Marta, Nastia, or Valeri so I guess we'll see what happens in 3 weeks!

Jordyn has grown on me. I wasn't a big fan of hers when she first started competing as a senior last year, but now I like her. I am not the biggest fan of Gabby because she is terribly inconsistent. It has only been at Visas and the American Cup (where she had no pressure because she wasn't technically part of the event) where she has looked somewhat consistent (also ignoring the beam fall from today).

My favorite gymnast at the moment is definitely Aly. She is so consistent. Plus she is now National Champion on both Beam and Floor. If she's not in London I would be shocked.

I have always been a fan of Nastia and I will always support her, but it made me a little bit mad when she said during her last interview that she had only been doing her bar routine full out for a week. I'm sorry but it's not like they changed the date of Nationals and she didn't know it was coming. I really want to see her do well but if she isn't going to put in the same work as everyone else then she doesn't deserve to be in London. She should have kept a detail like that to herself.

The smart thing is to PICK those that have the best chance to show improvement over the next 3 weeks. If Nastia, ASac don't then they aren't going past trials. BUT why not give them the time and see what happens? IF Asac and Nastia CAN get it together, they are both GORGEOUS gymnasts. Jordyn, Aly, Gabby are my for sure 3. Maroney is a freak on Vault, but her bust on floor is just as stupid of a mistake than Nastias flaws on bars? Why should she get a pass and Nastia not? They all have 3 weeks, I CAN'T WAIT!!!

The smart thing is to PICK those that have the best chance to show improvement over the next 3 weeks. If Nastia, ASac don't then they aren't going past trials. BUT why not give them the time and see what happens? IF Asac and Nastia CAN get it together, they are both GORGEOUS gymnasts. Jordyn, Aly, Gabby are my for sure 3. Maroney is a freak on Vault, but her bust on floor is just as stupid of a mistake than Nastias flaws on bars? Why should she get a pass and Nastia not? They all have 3 weeks, I CAN'T WAIT!!!

That was a freak accident that happened in warm ups resulting in an injury, not a performance error. They are two completely different things.

I am confused? Nastia did get a pass. Quite frankly, I am not sure 3 weeks is enough time for her.

I don't envy that selection committee. There will be at least 3-4 legitimately deserving gymnasts sitting home watching it on TV. More than anything, I'm calling the Gabby Douglas all around gold right now. I'm on a GB high right now... peaking at the perfect time! Seems like just yesterday a little Carly Patterson was getting her beam jitters out of the way at Olympic Trials... even though tonight was nationals and not trials, felt a little like Deja Vu! So excited to see Weiber, Douglas, and the Russian duo battle it out!

Jordyn has grown on me. I wasn't a big fan of hers when she first started competing as a senior last year, but now I like her. I am not the biggest fan of Gabby because she is terribly inconsistent. It has only been at Visas and the American Cup (where she had no pressure because she wasn't technically part of the event) where she has looked somewhat consistent (also ignoring the beam fall from today).

My favorite gymnast at the moment is definitely Aly. She is so consistent. Plus she is now National Champion on both Beam and Floor. If she's not in London I would be shocked.

I have always been a fan of Nastia and I will always support her, but it made me a little bit mad when she said during her last interview that she had only been doing her bar routine full out for a week. I'm sorry but it's not like they changed the date of Nationals and she didn't know it was coming. I really want to see her do well but if she isn't going to put in the same work as everyone else then she doesn't deserve to be in London. She should have kept a detail like that to herself.

I agree with everything in this post. Well said.

They would take Maroney over Nastia because Maroney is more consistent and she brings up a the best Vault score in the world and also a good number on floor. The only way NASTIA will
make the team is on Bars and idk if 3 weeks will help.. I love her to death! She's one of my favorite gymnasts but she didn't even dismount this weekend she's just not in the shape she needs to be

Weiber, Douglas, Raisman, Ross....

Those 4 are locks as long as they continue to do what they have been doing..

I disagree . I don't think Ross will make the team unless they absoultely need her . She's inexperienced . This was her first year as a senior she hasn't been to worlds or had enough time for
Marta to trust her . She's a beautiful gymnast though and she's young only 15 she can be in the 2016 Olympics at 18 if she's still healthy enough

. She's a beautiful gymnast though and she's young only 15 she can be in the 2016 Olympics at 18 if she's still healthy enough
If she is turning 16 this year, she will be turning 20 in 2016, which is still 100% possible.

For the team i think Weiber and Aly are definites. I can't say i've been a fan of gabby ever and she is incredibly inconsistent. I can see them taking her on the team, but she definitely won't be doing all events in team finals.

I think Anna Li's bars were incredible today, but again inconsistent. I think 3 weeks is plenty of time for Nastia. There should definitely be one returning Olympian on the team. While Aly has been a great leader at World's, none of the other countries brought their top athletes. So who knows if she will be able to keep her game face on.

Back