2013-2014 New Uniforms

Discussion in 'Allstar Cheerleading' started by stuntjumptumble, May 16, 2013.

1. Audrey

Audrey I have my own cheer message board

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Retired From Cheer
    Wait. That's so disorienting. Were they affiliated with one another or were there just two separate gyms that looked exactly the same?

2. Cray_Z_CheerMom

Cray_Z_CheerMom Best Flyer.. on a parent team

Shimmys Received:
    Kik:
    3Girls2Many
    Twitter:
    Cray_Z_CheerMom
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    They are both Premier gyms and they did both go by KY Allstars at one time and wore the same uniforms, but Lexington went back to the KY Elite name and colors.

3. Audrey

Audrey I have my own cheer message board

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Retired From Cheer
    Ok thank you for clearing that up! I thought they were unaffiliated and was thinking how strange that was.

4. notyourcheermom

notyourcheermom Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent

This is the first full top I have truly liked as well as the crop top. I think it is perfect for a full top. I like the older girls' uniforms, too, but cute full tops.

5. Rudags

Rudags Two Time Defending Champion, Board Comedian

Shimmys Received:
    Web:
    Twitter:
    teamspiritfx
    I am a(n)...:
    Choreographer
    The "Full Top" is actually a GKzie (One piece) Uniform and that look went wonderful with their colors, and as someone mentioned, I agree that GKzies look great on the Youth kids although I am doing another GKzie for another Senior 5 Program and it looks AMAZING. The crop top for Elite was meant to stand out and make a statement since this is one of the first Australian Teams to get into GK. Id say they are the best looking Australian team Ive seen in GK!

6. Kimpii

Kimpii I named my pet Sir Fierce-a-lot

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    AND without ripping eachother up in stunts. I cant count how any cuts my girls had this season.

7. acheer

acheer Best Flyer.. on a parent team

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    Just wondering since GKzie's will be most popular with the younger teams, how will you deal with the growth spurts of many kids, I doubt parents would like to fork out more money especially as gyms tend to keep the same uni's for 2/3 years?

8. Rudags

Rudags Two Time Defending Champion, Board Comedian

Shimmys Received:
    Web:
    Twitter:
    teamspiritfx
    I am a(n)...:
    Choreographer
    A few things.

1. I would see if the size up would fit comfortably. GKzies are the same size "Top" and "Bottom" so lets say your an AM Top but an AL Bottom, you would get an "AL GKzie" which would have some growing room.

2. All of our materials have an amazing 4-way stretch so there is lots of leeway in sizings, although some kids do outgrow their size in one year, weather that is from poor sizing, severe growth spurts, etc. Thats why most gyms have "in house" uniform exchanges to cut those costs.

I don't kids will outgrow a GKzie at any different rapid pace than than say a crop top and shorts uniform. I feel that is on the gym owners decision to consider a "Youth only" uniform as opposed to program wide for those reasons.

9. armycheermom

armycheermom I think I can mix Cheer Music

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    That's exactly why my cp doesn't like shorts. She practices in them,so she doesn't want them for competitions,she wants a skirt..

10. CheerBank

CheerBank Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    Funny you say that, because my cp feels the same way.

11. cheer25mom

cheer25mom Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    Ditto here.skirts look much better on CP. spanks ride up to the point she looks like she is wearing briefs on the floor except for one type that I order from a dance catalog with a longer inseam. Her uniform skirt doesn't ride up at all.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

12. cheernerd5678

cheernerd5678 Slow your roll, Sparkle. Bracket Winner

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Retired From Cheer
    :chestbump:THANK YOU. My shorts (Nike pros, varsity brand, pretty much every brand i've tried) always ride up. It's like... unless you want my butt literally hanging out by the end of the routine... I need a skirt. We got varsity spandex for camp wear and I couldn't even get through half of the camp dance... I had to pull them down before I flashed everyone. Plus skirts that ride up are easier to fix (it can be done as you clean) whereas shorts.... "brb let me pull these out of my butt" it's very obvious when you pull them down!

13. JoFTZEW21

JoFTZEW21 I shimmy daily

Shimmys Received:
    Kik:
    jojowewe21
    Twitter:
    hamBERGersfries
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete

exactly if the skirt fits right it should flip over when tumbling or anything and it covers more than just shorts imo, i could never do just spandex shorts

14. Dixie

Dixie There are Cheeropedia articles about me!

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    I'd rather have a skirt also, but the problems mentioned here are just doubled with a skort. Skirt flipping up in front - shorts creeping up the back. I mean, pick a side. The skort is the mullet of the cheer uniform.

15. SarahS

SarahS Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    Someone explain to me why uniform companies have not created a skirt that is attached to the undershort on the side seams. It would look just like a regular skirt on the outside (wouldn't work, obviously, for skirts that flare out, but many all star skirts don't) and it would never ride up. Perhaps I should patent this idea... But seriously, it seems like an easy solution, no?