All-Star 2013-2014 New Uniforms

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

1477359_854066471287194_1509684889_n.jpg
Very pretty...

I have plantar fasciitis, which caused me to develop severe ankle issues...my first physical therapist told me to get high top shoes to cheer in, so naturally I got the reebok ones...that physical therapy center shut down, so I went to a new one, and when I showed him the shoes, he thought I was crazy for wearing them. Sure, they have ankle support, but the soles are literally rubber and have no shape. No support at all...just a little extra ankle stability. If you have ankle issues...I would not recommend those reebok shoes. Get a good, stable brace, and wear whatever shoe you're most comfortable in. For me, it's basically any infinity. I don't like varsity shoes, no limits, kaepas, power, or nike. Nfinity are the only ones with good, lightweight support for me.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

The tattoo doesn't ruin the uniform. What a visible tattoo does ruin is the perfectly clean look of a team on stage. It's an added detail that was chosen to be permanent marked on their body, but I always have felt that senior aged teams should keep them covered with makeup.
I'm just quoting you because you brought up this point and I was literally just talking about this yesterday. Being someone that has many tattoos, some of which were visible in my uniform. I don't feel that tattoos should have to be covered up. People choose to spend their money to get a tattoo that probably means a lot to them. They want it permanently on their skin for a reason. It's a big pet peeve of mine when people feel I or anyone else with tattoos should cover them with makeup for any reason, cheerleading or work or whatever the reason may be. If a person has a really big birthmark that you could clearly see in uniform like a tattoo, like how my whole stomach is two toned, it wouldn't be fair to tell them to cover it with makeup because it ruins the clean look on stage. What's on someone's skin isn't really ruining the look. 9 times out of 10 the tattoo isn't big enough or dark enough to draw that much attention from the judges. And covering tattoos with makeup on cheerleading is nearly possible unless you want to ruin your uniform with makeup that never seems to come out. Sorry for the rant.

I'm just quoting you because you brought up this point and I was literally just talking about this yesterday. Being someone that has many tattoos, some of which were visible in my uniform. I don't feel that tattoos should have to be covered up. People choose to spend their money to get a tattoo that probably means a lot to them. They want it permanently on their skin for a reason. It's a big pet peeve of mine when people feel I or anyone else with tattoos should cover them with makeup for any reason, cheerleading or work or whatever the reason may be. If a person has a really big birthmark that you could clearly see in uniform like a tattoo, like how my whole stomach is two toned, it wouldn't be fair to tell them to cover it with makeup because it ruins the clean look on stage. What's on someone's skin isn't really ruining the look. 9 times out of 10 the tattoo isn't big enough or dark enough to draw that much attention from the judges. And covering tattoos with makeup on cheerleading is nearly possible unless you want to ruin your uniform with makeup that never seems to come out. Sorry for the rant.

A girl at our old gym used to wear a flesh colored spandex thing around her mid section when competing because her tattoo was huge and full of awesome colors. Pretty sure it was her choice and that wrap came off immediately when done.

A girl at our old gym used to wear a flesh colored spandex thing around her mid section when competing because her tattoo was huge and full of awesome colors. Pretty sure it was her choice and that wrap came off immediately when done.
When I cheered I used to cover mine with makeup and we competed at a local comp in a high school where the judges were literally like 3 feet away from the edge of the mat and got a safety deduction because they could see my tattoo through the makeup, which rubbed off a little in warm ups, and everyone hated me for like a week, then I had to wear this awful black bodysuit and it made me not want to cheer anymore honestly. It was my first year at a small gym and my skills were practically non existent, but I made the senior 4.2 team since it was the only senior team. Wearing that awful bodysuit made me feel like everyone was looking at me nuggeting in the back for tumbling. It didn't help that I was tallest on the team either.

When I cheered I used to cover mine with makeup and we competed at a local comp in a high school where the judges were literally like 3 feet away from the edge of the mat and got a safety deduction because they could see my tattoo through the makeup, which rubbed off a little in warm ups, and everyone hated me for like a week, then I had to wear this awful black bodysuit and it made me not want to cheer anymore honestly. It was my first year at a small gym and my skills were practically non existent, but I made the senior 4.2 team since it was the only senior team. Wearing that awful bodysuit made me feel like everyone was looking at me nuggeting in the back for tumbling. It didn't help that I was tallest on the team either.

a safety deduction? WTH were they smoking. How is that safety?

No idea, but yeah a safety deduction. Meanwhile my friend at the same comp on another team forgot to take her belly piercing out and it was a dangling ring, but no deduction even though she was point for jumps and dance so they obviously saw it.

you can't compare a birthmark to a tattoo. you're born with birthmarks, tattoos are 100% a choice.

we once had a girl on our team with a bunch of big tattoos on her stomach, back, legs, everything.. to be brutally honest, it looked terrible. (although obviously it does depend on the actual tattoo. size/colour does matter with this!)

you can't compare a birthmark to a tattoo. you're born with birthmarks, tattoos are 100% a choice.

we once had a girl on our team with a bunch of big tattoos on her stomach, back, legs, everything.. to be brutally honest, it looked terrible. (although obviously it does depend on the actual tattoo. size/colour does matter with this!)

I would go absolutely wild if someone told me that I had to cover my tattoos because they thought they looked bad. I have about $2000 worth of ink and love all of it. If I don't like your hair color would you wear a hat to cover it? No.

I would go absolutely wild if someone told me that I had to cover my tattoos because the looked bad. I have about $2000 worth of ink and love all of it. If I don't like your hair color would you wear a hat to cover it? No.

i never said she had to cover it. in fact, no one even asked her to. just stated that it really did not look good because of how many she had and how big they were.

Latest posts

Back