All-Star 2014/2015 Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I see your point about the spotters. But the SE stunt falls at :41 and :47 really looked like they could have used a spotter to save them. Those flyers looked like they went right down to the ground hard from up at extended level - I really hope they were okay. I guess they continued w/ the routine so we're probably okay, but those were some scary falls.

No usasf rule on spotters and most kids dont want them. Have seen more than once a spotter step into the middle of a stunt transition and accidentally get in the way.

Only way I think a spotter can effectively do their job is to know the routine so they know where to go.

**I like to think all my negative ratings are deserved but then I recall who gave them and know I'm wrong**

In the future, especially with the increasing difficulty in stunts, do you think having the team provide two spotters from their gym would be beneficial. Like a lot of people, I've had bad experiences with provided spotters, but if they're coaches from a lower level team or members of an open team (if the gym has them) would it even be considered?

CHEER ATHLETICS - LADYKATZ - SPIRIT CELEBRATION C…:
wow ladykatz look AWESOME

ETA: went back and watched it two more times...last year I wasn't sure if I liked LadyKatz at first but they look great already. Even when things didn't go perfectly they fought for it and that dance!

So fierce. The white on the arms make the dance look so cool!! right before tumbling section they do a full up to the top, that grip looks funky, but so solid!!

In the future, especially with the increasing difficulty in stunts, do you think having the team provide two spotters from their gym would be beneficial. Like a lot of people, I've had bad experiences with provided spotters, but if they're coaches from a lower level team or members of an open team (if the gym has them) would it even be considered?
Some comps that don't have spotters say in their rules that you can have people from the gym spot they just need to be clearly spotters (diff outfits) and not touch a stunt unless it's actually coming down. People just don't usually do it.

So fierce. The white on the arms make the dance look so cool!! right before tumbling section they do a full up to the top, that grip looks funky, but so solid!!
I noticed the arms in the dance too! I feel like how you design the arms on a uniform can either add or take away from a routine and theirs definitely added.

Some comps that don't have spotters say in their rules that you can have people from the gym spot they just need to be clearly spotters (diff outfits) and not touch a stunt unless it's actually coming down. People just don't usually do it.

Sorry, didn't know that. Been out of all-star cheer forever. The rules have changed too much to keep up with.

Back