All-Star 2014/2015 Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Worlds commentary was definitely way better this year than usual. But I still think there's a lot more they could do. After 6+ years of Worlds being on TV, the audience should be knowledgable enough for the commentators to actually provide some expert insight, instead of the occasional basic remark.

I always wondered how Amanda Borden, an Olympic gymnast, could never manage to say anything more than "they make it look easy", "very difficult", or a comment on the team's hometown.

I like Amanda Borden and the other lady. The average person watching doesn't know what a double down is or a double full. I like the special facts about each team. It gives us insight on each team.

I like Amanda Borden and the other lady. The average person watching doesn't know what a double down is or a double full. I like the special facts about each team. It gives us insight on each team.
The average person watching gymnastics probably doesn't know what an Onodi is. The average person watching figure skating probably doesn't know what a toe loop is. The average person watching dressage probably doesn't know what a piaffe is. But the commentators still mention those things, because their job is to provide expert running commentary. Not inane statements about how long a team spent on a bus to get to the comp.

The average person watching gymnastics probably doesn't know what an Onodi is. The average person watching figure skating probably doesn't know what a toe loop is. The average person watching dressage probably doesn't know what a piaffe is. But the commentators still mention those things, because their job is to provide expert running commentary. Not inane statements about how long a team spent on a bus to get to the comp.

Or how many followers they have on a social media website. I still remember when the male commentator mentioned this a few years ago when he was commentating NCA. I'm still so irrationally angry about it.

Or how many followers they have on a social media website. I still remember when the male commentator mentioned this a few years ago when he was commentating NCA. I'm still so irrationally angry about it.
Can you imagine if NFL commentators talked like that?
"Tom Brady's facebook page has 3.5 million followers! This team drove 9 hours by bus to play the Steelers today! And don't they all look great in their navy jerseys?"

It used to be a challenge for Amanda to say the team's name right. Still is apparently.

Last edited:
@nicolee and @AndrewSky, Touche! and I spit my coffee out laughing after reading Andrew's statement, too funny... The real problem I see going on here, the cheerleaders have a bunch of outsiders commentating on their sports... In every sport, even bowling, they have an ex- participant or coach, etc... What I noticed on the college sport stations, they typically use recent college graduates (athletes) to provide expert commentating. I think, if cheerleading did the same, it will provide an income to these retired/aged out cheerleaders and then we would not need to hear about how many followers they have on social media...JMO

It used to be a challenge for Amanda to say the team's name right. Still is apparently.
Hey, we cheer fans are asking and putting a little too much pressure on poor Amanda, we want her to know the teams names and technical terms too, Impossible, Absurd! Now, make it STOP! Jk

Back