All-Star 2014 Summit Bids

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

It was crowded. Disney did not do a good job of emptying the park before letting just the cheerleaders in. It is also very late so we didn't stay long with our youth team.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Not sure if that party is close to the same as the UCA party.

There were only a few rides open. The lines were still massively long.
They were long till 1 or was it 12? I'm sure it was pretty much a long wait till the last hour. Then the last hour we rode tower of terror like 5 times in a row because there finally wasn't a wait. So we kept getting off and going back in. Then they close the ride 30 mins before the park closes. So pretty much the last 30 mins we were allowed to ride rides was the only time there wasn't a long wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nj spirit explosion:
Small junior 2 : at large
Small junior 3: at large
Large junior 4 : at large
Small junior coed 5: at large
Large senior coed 4: paid
Large senior 3: at large

We need to quickly decide today if we want to buy the wrist band for the Celebration party. Just received the text that we need to let gym know asap. We are going on the commuter package. Did anyone attend Celebration party last year? Recommendation? CP of course wants to go, but I am thinking too late and we can head home before party kicks off. What time did it start? Fun? Worth it?
The kids had fun, but it was so crowded and crazy I think that in all that time my CP was able to ride maybe 2 rides....I'm trying to figure out how to get out of it this year....

We didn't go last year. It was already a long day for us and I was ready to crash by the time it started. We are passing on it this year also. The girls that did go had a good time. It's just too late for us.

So proud of my Youth 3 babies for getting one of the last bids this weekend. They're gonna do a vote this week but I'm almost positive you'll see Carolina Spirit Athletics Bling there :)
Congrats! I was sitting right above your team on the bleachers when it was announced, and the screams were fun to hear. I could tell all of you were excited.

I, on the other hand, was waiting and waiting until the bitter end to see which Level 5 non-worlds team would be awarded the paid bid to Summit. Although the way bids would be given out was not written on the event website, coaches had been told 1 paid would go to a team Level 1-4, and 1 paid would go to a Level 5. I also heard the host of the event make that same announcement more than once. Surprise and disappointment ensued when a Level 3 and a Level 4 got the paid bids. With the scoring of all levels based on 100, it seems easier for a lower level team to get a higher score -- in that there is less chance of things going wrong with easier tumbling, easier stunts, etc.

So how can an EP make announcement after announcement about how paid bids will be given, and then not live up to it? Do others feel this is fair and okay, and do I just have sour grapes? We are attending Summit on an At Large, but thought we had a really good chance at getting the paid at this event. And, indeed, it seems we would have if a Level 5 had been given a paid. Interested to learn other views.

Congrats! I was sitting right above your team on the bleachers when it was announced, and the screams were fun to hear. I could tell all of you were excited.

I, on the other hand, was waiting and waiting until the bitter end to see which Level 5 non-worlds team would be awarded the paid bid to Summit. Although the way bids would be given out was not written on the event website, coaches had been told 1 paid would go to a team Level 1-4, and 1 paid would go to a Level 5. I also heard the host of the event make that same announcement more than once. Surprise and disappointment ensued when a Level 3 and a Level 4 got the paid bids. With the scoring of all levels based on 100, it seems easier for a lower level team to get a higher score -- in that there is less chance of things going wrong with easier tumbling, easier stunts, etc.

So how can an EP make announcement after announcement about how paid bids will be given, and then not live up to it? Do others feel this is fair and okay, and do I just have sour grapes? We are attending Summit on an At Large, but thought we had a really good chance at getting the paid at this event. And, indeed, it seems we would have if a Level 5 had been given a paid. Interested to learn other views.
We also had no idea how bids were being dispersed. We were told Sunday that At Larges were going to be judges discretion and Paids would be by score.

We also had no idea how bids were being dispersed. We were told Sunday that At Larges were going to be judges discretion and Paids would be by score.
So I guess you did not hear the white haired man with the vest announce that 1 paid bid would go to a Level 1-4 team and 1 paid bid would go to a Level 5 team, as I did twice (probably on Saturday)? Just seemed like false advertising to me. Also, how do EP's address the fact that there are two (or sometimes more) judge panels, where one panel may be judging generally on a higher range than the other panel. Usually doesn't matter if awards are being given within levels (such as at NCA where 2 bids were going to each level, so as long as all Level 3 teams were judged by the same panel, top scores would work). Finally, do you think it is easier for a Level 2 or Level 3 squad to get a higher score when all are scored out of 100, or do you think scoring all levels out of 100 makes it a more level playing field. Just curious on thoughts and opinions.

So I guess you did not hear the white haired man with the vest announce that 1 paid bid would go to a Level 1-4 team and 1 paid bid would go to a Level 5 team, as I did twice (probably on Saturday)? Just seemed like false advertising to me. Also, how do EP's address the fact that there are two (or sometimes more) judge panels, where one panel may be judging generally on a higher range than the other panel. Usually doesn't matter if awards are being given within levels (such as at NCA where 2 bids were going to each level, so as long as all Level 3 teams were judged by the same panel, top scores would work). Finally, do you think it is easier for a Level 2 or Level 3 squad to get a higher score when all are scored out of 100, or do you think scoring all levels out of 100 makes it a more level playing field. Just curious on thoughts and opinions.
No I didn't, but I wasn't in the Halls except to see my teams compete, so I missed any and all announcements. There was talk all day Sunday amongst coaches about how bids were being given. As of Saturday, no one I spoke to knew how they were handling bids. On Sunday, word got out they were doing At Larges based on level/judges choice and Paids by score. I don't know 100% that's how the AL's were given, but they did spread them throughout the levels. Paids did go on score.

As far as ranges within separate panels, I have no way of knowing what EPs do to address it. I do think it may be easier for lower levels to score a more perfect percentage of perfection, in theory. There has been talk amongst coaches about this. It is definitely easier for lower levels to max/hit their routines. However, deductions cost more on lower level than they do on higher levels, so there is a give and take.

Last edited:
I have wondered why 1 division last year had 28 teams and another had 6. Are bids dispersed evenly among divisions and then turned down to be so different in number of teams, or are they randomly given without thought to divisions?

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Back