All-Star 2016-2017 Summit And D2 Summit Bid Event Listing

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Definition of multiple location:

Share a tax ID

Share an owner

Have a franchising/liscening agreement with another gym

Have similar enough name OR branding it would confuse the consumer as to being part of a bigger gym

Share family plan or use multiple locations to meet family plan

If there is any possible confusion it is on the owners of the locations to prove to Varsity and the customers they are not a multi-location gym.
So that means the small locations for stingrays, rockstar ect... Can not go to the d2 summit?

Definition of multiple location:

Share a tax ID

Share an owner

Have a franchising/liscening agreement with another gym

Have similar enough name OR branding it would confuse the consumer as to being part of a bigger gym

Share family plan or use multiple locations to meet family plan

If there is any possible confusion it is on the owners of the locations to prove to Varsity and the customers they are not a multi-location gym.

What about gyms with multiple very small locations? If the total athlete count between the two gyms is within the D2 number, would they still have to compete as D1 due to multiple locations? I know you guys didn't make the rules or have the answers, but I'm just speculating because it could happen this season.

What about gyms with multiple very small locations? If the total athlete count between the two gyms is within the D2 number, would they still have to compete as D1 due to multiple locations? I know you guys didn't make the rules or have the answers, but I'm just speculating because it could happen this season.

No they clearly say "Single Location only" so multiple small location are not eligible for D2.

I like the fact that they are eliminating the mega gym satellite locations from D2, but I don't think its fair to eliminate gym with 2 physical locations but less than 125 athletes total. I know of at least 1 such gym in our area that will be out of D2 now.

I wonder how the roster change will impact the teams that have deferred summit bids to use for the 2016-2017 season, especially for the senior teams. Although it may only impact the teams with bids from Sea to Sky...

My guess is that they will have to declare their rosters early on in the season and maybe that say 25% of the team has to return... or something like that. This really only effects 1-2 teams each year and honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if they forgot about us up here in the PNW haha.

My guess is that they will have to declare their rosters early on in the season and maybe that say 25% of the team has to return... or something like that. This really only effects 1-2 teams each year and honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if they forgot about us up here in the PNW haha.

Yes. They don't know we are here. [emoji23]

I like the fact that they are eliminating the mega gym satellite locations from D2, but I don't think its fair to eliminate gym with 2 physical locations but less than 125 athletes total. I know of at least 1 such gym in our area that will be out of D2 now.

I hear you on that, but this is clearly an attempt to close all the loophole that were exploited by the larger gyms, a lot of people in charge tend to over compensate when something they are not expecting happens and they want to prevent it. Sometime in the future they could realize they are locking those gyms out.

The owner of Vizion? mentioned this on the private coaches fb group. Both of her locations combined is less than 125 athletes but she is only D1 eligible now. You can't have a rule that singles out mega/franchised-gyms so you have to black n white with the rule and say no multiple locations at all. It sucks for some gyms but I do think it's fair across the board.

For a gym that's expanding, I'd guess they are successful enough that they won't spend a lot of time under 125 athletes anyway. I thought of a local gym that is opening a second location. Maybe they'll still be under 125 for a bit, but I doubt the whole season.

For a gym that's expanding, I'd guess they are successful enough that they won't spend a lot of time under 125 athletes anyway. I thought of a local gym that is opening a second location. Maybe they'll still be under 125 for a bit, but I doubt the whole season.
These are 2 gyms in VERY small, rural towns owned by the same person. Both have been around several years and seem to be sound, but growth is really slow in those kinds of places. Athletes with higher level skills are making 2-3 hour drives to the one big program around with the ability to field a worlds team. Basically all the eggs go into one basket once you get above level 3, because there just aren't enough athletes in any single place to build a solid level 4-5 team.

One thing that's confusing to me...if you accept a D2 bid, you're locked in to D2 Summit. But, if your numbers go over 125, you lose your bid. Do you then become eligible for Summit again?

I just realized that... I believe they're two separately owned gyms though with different tax ID's so at least the new location probably would've still qualified for D2. That's definitely gonna shake up the bid declarations. According to their tryout packet, they were planning on attending D2.

Back