All-Star 2017 Worlds Packet

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Am I the only one who thinks they are charging that $40 admission to maybe make up for the money they lost last year paying out those scholarships for endangering the athletes? It's terrible, but very smart, on USASF's part if that's the case. Like "Oh yeah we paid out like $100 per athlete last year BUT what if we separate the divisions and charge absurd admission next year to make up for it?"

I think that could be a good possibility

It sucks, plain and simple, for parents of athletes on those teams. We paid $40+ for seats at Majors and had to be there hours early and still the seating was less than "premium". We paid $40+ for Champions League, same situation. Now in addition it will be the same situation at Worlds. Toss in how much more we pay for those uniforms, the extra practice wear for filming at those competitions, the extra travel because with so few competitive large teams you have to travel every comp to compete against the teams- no one can afford it. I know lots of you think those uniforms are comped, or the practicewear is, but I assure you it was not. And, btw, the entry fees we pay are much higher than other teams too- x36 athletes. It is absolutely gouging.

Especially when it could be held in an adequate facility for $ame or le$$

Am I the only one who thinks they are charging that $40 admission to maybe make up for the money they lost last year paying out those scholarships for endangering the athletes? It's terrible, but very smart, on USASF's part if that's the case. Like "Oh yeah we paid out like $100 per athlete last year BUT what if we separate the divisions and charge absurd admission next year to make up for it?"

I think they're charging because they think it will prevent some people from going. A lot of people who are there for competition and figure they may as well go if it's included in their park hopper.

I'm glad that after last year's mess, they moved large back inside. However I'm not sure how they will manage the seating.
I'm not sure why they will not announce the scores straightaway. Even if nothing shady is happening, since it is private people will suspect it more.

"Sadly you can't complain about wanting change and getting it and its not what you want."
The above quote was what I was referring to. Maybe I took it the wrong way and if so I apologize. I think every single person who attended worlds had a right to complain and demand changes be made, particularly the athletes, coaches and families in large coed and large senior. To have USASF come up with a "solution" that requires everyone, especially parents of these athletes to pay a premium just because their kids compete in the most popular spectator divisions (which make USASFVarsity a boatload of profit to begin with) is insulting.

Quoting because this also deserves repeating.

okay good good lol

Say you buy the Varsity hopper pass ...... Add to that an extra $40 to see LAG in the morning......add an extra $40 to watch LC in the evening ..... (Because they will empty the Milkhouse. You won't be able to watch MAG division from 2 to 4 then stay in your seat to catch large coed from 4 to 6.......they'll clear the Milkhouse between the 2 divisions).

Say you buy the Varsity hopper pass ...... Add to that an extra $40 to see LAG in the morning......add an extra $40 to watch LC in the evening ..... (Because they will empty the Milkhouse. You won't be able to watch MAG division from 2 to 4 then stay in your seat to catch large coed from 4 to 6.......they'll clear the Milkhouse between the 2 divisions).

And then you have me hiding in the washroom or pretending to be a Wretzel Pretzel employee.

Another solution - move the entire event to a location that can handle large crowds.
Darn you and your common sense!
VERY interesting point. I didn't think of this.

And on no longer announcing prelims and semis scores... what's to stop them from saying "hey, team from big(ger) gym XYZ all-stars, you guys didn't actually make it to the next day of competition, but we want to give your program an incentive to bring back large number$ of team$ next $ea$on so here's a pass"? Hmmmm...

Darn you and your common sense!

VERY interesting point. I didn't think of this.

And on no longer announcing prelims and semis scores... what's to stop them from saying "hey, team from big(ger) gym XYZ all-stars, you guys didn't actually make it to the next day of competition, but we want to give your program an incentive to bring back large number$ of team$ next $ea$on so here's a pass"? Hmmmm...

They're not announcing the scores in the arena. I'm sure coaches will still get the scores for their division just like they do at every single competition throughout the season.

They're not announcing the scores in the arena. I'm sure coaches will still get the scores for their division just like they do at every single competition throughout the season.
I actually can get behind this policy, although I think scores should be published after each division. It is agonizing to listen to those scores when you are on the bubble - sometimes for hours. And devastating when that last announced score knocks you out. My CP was in that situation several years ago and to make it worse the guy sitting directly behind us had a CP on the team whose score was announced to knock her team out - so he felt terrible for celebrating once he realized what it meant for her.

that's freaking $80 on top of what.... you know what lmao USASF is lucky i already booked my hotel for Disney

I wonder how many tickets each athlete gets for their session? Sounds like not many more will be left to the public! Ticketmaster will be a mess at that time.
cf4bcf5b50929f00a8f16404265bdcc7.png

It sucks, plain and simple, for parents of athletes on those teams. We paid $40+ for seats at Majors and had to be there hours early and still the seating was less than "premium". We paid $40+ for Champions League, same situation. Now in addition it will be the same situation at Worlds. Toss in how much more we pay for those uniforms, the extra practice wear for filming at those competitions, the extra travel because with so few competitive large teams you have to travel every comp to compete against the teams- no one can afford it. I know lots of you think those uniforms are comped, or the practicewear is, but I assure you it was not. And, btw, the entry fees we pay are much higher than other teams too- x36 athletes. It is absolutely gouging.

Especially when it could be held in an adequate facility for $ame or le$$

Kind of off topic rant:

I'm interested in your post as a whole because I did some extensive research in university regarding the sociology of sport. Granted this was a few years back - and I don't have the sources off the top of my head, but it is interesting to me how socioeconomic status effects the 'level playing fields' of sport.

I would argue that it is near impossible to compete/ make it to this level of sport unless you are in the top income earning bracket. Why? Well @Momager briefly showed us the sheer cost of having one of these athletes compete, evidently is not cheap. Furthermore, what is the training required to have an athlete reach this level? The private lessons? The time? Travel? Etc. Although we often hear of these 'underdog' stories where an athlete received a scholarship or a big break, these stories are the exception to the rule. What are the statistics of an athlete from a middle/ low income bracket being able to compete at this level? Even if they had ALL the skill?

This is what frustrates me with main stream media because sport is advertised as an all inclusive environment for kids to participate in. It is often portrayed as 'if you work hard, you will be great'. The Cheerleading World Championships is a perfect example as to why those are false fallacies, however this isn't limited to cheer. I urge you to look at any other youth-sport and what it takes, monetarily, to reach highly competitive levels. Furthermore, what it costs upon reaching that level.

Props to you @Momager and all other parents (including my own) who spent thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours towards their children's extra curricular activities.

- end rant :) -

Back