College 2018 Uca College Nationals

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

How did WSU do? The feed froze for me, of course :mad:

Brain has gone fuzzy from so much cheer, but I’m pretty sure they hit. And they were pretty clean throughout! I remember thinking how great how far Wazzu has come!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@onecoolcoachnowmom
A skill didn’t catch at the top, had to move pretty far forward to save it, but the guy got her up. Hit very clean otherwise.

D1A All Girl
11 - Florida State
10 - Central Michigan
9 - Western Kentucky
8 - Rutgers
7 - UMass
6 - Minnesota
5 - Indiana
4 - South Florida
3 - UNLV
2 - Alabama
1 - Oklahoma

D1A Coed
14 - Michigan State
13 - Cincinnati
12 - LSU
11 - Minnesota
10 - Oklahoma
9 - Western Kentucky
8 - South Florida
7 - Ole Miss
6 - Washington State
5 - Hawai’i
4 - Alabama
3 - Ohio State
2 - UCF
1 - Kentucky

So I would say Ohio State had a pretty successful nationals outing.
Kentucky’s win came as no surprise.
Low key surprised OU took all girl, but they hit 0, and that’s what they needed to do.
I hope all the teams realize the only teams who hit 0 won and everyone comes back next year with more solid routines.

Side note:

Guys.

The dude with the Mickey ears from last year.

Look at bottom middle of your screen. He's back! Where has he been?!

Some back-story on Mickey Ears Guy that I thought was kinda cool - he goes by the name “Johnny Spirit” and apparently he’s been coming to College Nationals for more than 20 years! He spends his weekends traveling the country going to major college sporting events. He was telling me that he used to go to all these events with his dad until he passed away, so now he comes alone. Really nice guy, and super supportive of all the cheer and dance teams.

@Sterling von Shimmer Thank you for the dance knowledge! I went back and watched Minnesota (this year and last year) and Ohio State, and I see what you mean. Minnesota looked amazing last year, and the routine this year didn't seem to have the same spark. And watching the finals routines, I did like OSU's turn sequence better and the routines as a whole. The jazz especially, it didn't go sassy and it didn't go too emotional either, which most jazz routines seem to do.

@Sterling von Shimmer Thank you for the dance knowledge! I went back and watched Minnesota (this year and last year) and Ohio State, and I see what you mean. Minnesota looked amazing last year, and the routine this year didn't seem to have the same spark. And watching the finals routines, I did like OSU's turn sequence better and the routines as a whole. The jazz especially, it didn't go sassy and it didn't go too emotional either, which most jazz routines seem to do.

You’re welcome! Yeah, you’re right about the “spark.” I think it was because Minnesota overreached themselves this year. They’re known for these incredible turn sequences that get better every year and they just couldn’t keep up with themselves this time. They could’ve won if they’d scaled it back a bit and played it safe. But lots of coaches — including me — find no excitement in that.

This is from their showcase before UCA, but can we just take a second to appreciate the awesomeness of Morehead All Girl?! Four 111 pyramids that twist, and six rewinds on an All Girl team?! Amazing.

LIKE WUT

With stuff like this I can see unsuspecting spotters can get caught in the cross hairs and cause accidents. I always thought spotters should follow the team throughout their warm up all the way to the stage so they can get acclimated with the routines they are spotting especially with the skills like that. Holy Hawaii (I need that to become their tagline pls)

Back