8 - East Mississippi CC
7 - Northwestern State
6 - Slippery Rock
5 - Northwest Missouri State
4 - University of Texas Rio Grande Valley
3 - Southeastern Louisiana
2 - university of Tennessee Chattanooga
1 - University Puerto Rico Bayamón

Pretty cool that a team from Puerto Rico won! They’ve done really well this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Open All Girl Gameday
9 - Concord
8 - Southeastern
7 - Scranton
6 - Sacramento State
5 - Tennessee Tech
4 - Northern Kentucky
3 - Monmouth
2 - Misericordia
1 - Cal Poly (!!!!!)

They also recognized Brock University from Canada who exhibitioned who got second in the Nations Cup.

And now finally the thing everything has been waiting for. Hopefully more people hit in finals because yesterday was a little bit of a struggle for just about everyone.
Also, waiting for the first team to go and someone says, “we’re a full house...” ummmm. You know you guys have a big brand new facility that sits more people right.......?

Did MN hit? I missed it. I was checking on my kid getting him ready to go to a sleepover.

Nope. Everything was pretty good, except in their elites, it looked like the center flyer pulled her arabesque too hard and fell. Like she was up and fine in a post, then just fell.

What makes a better dance routine? Like what are the judges looking for, because I have no idea?

Basically, the turn sections play a huge role because they require so much strength, precision, flexibility, and skill...and all these things have to be executed by everyone at the same time. In terms of importance, It’s basically stunting and tumbling combined for a cheer team. It’s what you came to see. It’s what you remember most about a team when the performance is over.

Of course choreography, technique, presentation, creativity, lifts, synchronisation, and use of props are all important (it’s hard to get all those poms doing the exact same thing at the exact same speed for two minutes straight). And I’ve seen a lot of teams incorporating more acrobatics into their routines which is always a nice touch. But those turns are the meat of the routine.

If I’m being totally honest, this was not a good year for turn sequences at UDA. Everybody should be on point all the time and nobody — not even Ohio — offered that this year. The deciding factor was that Ohio just hid it better.

Here’s Minnesota from 2016. This is what turns SHOULD look like:

Side note:

Guys.

The dude with the Mickey ears from last year.

Look at bottom middle of your screen. He's back! Where has he been?!

Yeah!!!! The Michigan State guy! He was here yesterday, I think in the same venue. He’s great.
Side note, 0/6 for hits so far. Y’all...

Realllly close to a hit for MN All Girl. That basket on the far left had an issue. They caught her but skill was incomplete.

In my own notes I’ve been putting “hit..?” “Hit-ish.” Like Minnesota AG had a death ball full basket that didn’t quite make it fully through. So... hit-ish. Did you have music issues with them? Like their band song kept playing up to the cheer. If that actually happened in their performance, props to them for not screwing up counts.

And I want to ride Hawaii’s surfboard. Dang they were so solid up until the end...

Latest posts

Back