All-Star 2019-2020 Uniform Reveals

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Everything was looking pretty good until they got to the shorts.

Also, I wonder if they'll zip up the zipper or not, because if not then whats the point of adding it?

Yeah the top is fine, if a little overly constructed at parts (looks hard and pokey to move in).

I like the idea of the cut up shorts with fabric underneath, but the denim touches are weird and unnecessary. Maybe if they were going for a themed uni where denim shorts would’ve made the look — a country theme or something — it would’ve been okay. But throwing it in there apropos of nothing is bizarre and unnecessary because denim shorts on their own aren’t athletic. I mean, you could say the same for TGLC’s flight suit, but that’s a themed uni. This is just weird.

I was also wondering about the zipper. I thought maybe it’s an area of the uni that sees a lot of tensile stress so maybe they needed an apparatus to relieve the tension? But it could be just an extra flourish to fill out the look. They seem to like to put extra touches down the center of their unis like that. Ex: the belt “buckles” they do a lot.

Ok so let’s discuss it now: what makes it ok for TGLC and not these ones? Because I guarantee when these teams defend their unis, they’ll ask the same question.

My thoughts:

1. TGLC’s last two themes had arguable tie-ins with cheer: martial arts = at least it’s also athletic. And Top Gun = it’s their name, and also “flying.”

The flight attendant uni I guess it’s also ties into “flying,” but not really because they’re waitresses, not pilots like TGLC. Also how in the hell are they going to cheer in those tiny hats? This is a jazz costume, not a cheer uni.

And the roaring ‘20’s was just a bad choice in theme. No tie-in to cheer whatsoever.

Gonna take a moment to reiterate again how awesome a “dance academy” theme for TGLC would be. You get those kids doing coed swing moves, have the flyers do their own take on pirouettes, incorporate the six ballet positions into the music but make them body positions instead, put phrases like “Let’s warm up!” at the beginning of the routine and “Last time, 5678!” right before the dance part at the end... it’d be so cute.

Ok so let’s discuss it now: what makes it ok for TGLC and not these ones? Because I guarantee when these teams defend their unis, they’ll ask the same question.

My thoughts:

1. TGLC’s last two themes had arguable tie-ins with cheer: martial arts = at least it’s also athletic. And Top Gun = it’s their name, and also “flying.”

The flight attendant uni I guess it’s also ties into “flying,” but not really because they’re waitresses, not pilots like TGLC. Also how in the hell are they going to cheer in those tiny hats? This is a jazz costume, not a cheer uni.

And the roaring ‘20’s was just a bad choice in theme. No tie-in to cheer whatsoever.

Gonna take a moment to reiterate again how awesome a “dance academy” theme for TGLC would be. You get those kids doing coed swing moves, have the flyers do their own take on pirouettes, incorporate the six ballet positions into the music but make them body positions instead, put phrases like “Let’s warm up!” at the beginning of the routine and “Last time, 5678!” right before the dance part at the end... it’d be so cute.

They didn't compete with the hats.

Back