All-Star 2020-2021: New Gyms, Closings, And Acquisitions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Wait, those are two places? There's a Midwest Cheer Elite 20 min outside of Cincinnati isn't there? Are you talking about an entirely different place called Midwest Elite, also near Cincinnati? You are right, that is highly confusing. Maybe a name change wouldn't be so bad lol.
Yes, there is a Midwest Elite, which is just a single location gym outside Cincinnati. Then there is Midwest Cheer Elite, which is a multi-location "mega" gym program that has locations in multiple states.

The new WE is a separate entity from Midwest Cheer Elite and yes, like a mile down the road.

TBH, it will be good for cheerleading in the area. Midwest has had zero competition in that market for a long time.

Might be formerly Rockstar Columbia/Rock Hill

Definitely interesting for the Carolina market.

I've seen people say on here that there are not many players in the market as far as Worlds gyms.

Your options on a map look like - CEA Raleigh or Kernersville or one of the smaller ones like Salem/Charlotte, Rockstar, ACX or CA. Or driving to Rays. (Or any number of smaller programs.)

Formerly Rockstar Columbia/Rock Hill

I feel like Rockstar use to have over 20 locations or it felt like it. Now they are down to 12, 11 if its counts as both the Columbia and Rock Hill locations.

ETA: I did little digging and this time last year I made a pos about them and they have 18 locations.

It's always interesting to me that with all this expansion by mega gyms, no one ever comes to California.

California is not particularly business friendly. Tax rates, commercial property values (rental or purchase) around the big cities, state regulations around businesses/franchises, etc mean that other states are more attractive and far easier to make work. I am sure it will happen from someone at some point because of the demographics and opportunities, but it may be a few years.

(Not trying to make a political statement, there are also plenty of great things about beautiful California, just trying to address the comment.)

Here is what I have:

World Cup
  1. Columbia, SC
  2. Columbus, OH
  3. East Granbury, CT
  4. Easton, PA
  5. Freehold, NJ
  6. Lancaster, PA
  7. Olyphant, PA
  8. Rock Hill, SC
Rockstar
  1. Arizona (Maricopa)
  2. Atlanta GA
  3. Atlanta South GA
  4. Chambersburg, PA
  5. Charlston, SC
  6. Cleveland, OH
  7. Greenville, SC
  8. Holly Springs, NC
  9. Lake Norman, NC
  10. Las Vegas, NV
  11. New Jersey
  12. NC East, NC
  13. Pittsburgh, PA
  14. Rhode Island
I keep up with things like this more than most people.

Here is what I have:

World Cup
  1. Columbia, SC
  2. Columbus, OH
  3. East Granbury, CT
  4. Easton, PA
  5. Freehold, NJ
  6. Lancaster, PA
  7. Olyphant, PA
  8. Rock Hill, SC
Rockstar
  1. Arizona (Maricopa)
  2. Atlanta GA
  3. Atlanta South GA
  4. Chambersburg, PA
  5. Charlston, SC
  6. Cleveland, OH
  7. Greenville, SC
  8. Holly Springs, NC
  9. Lake Norman, NC
  10. Las Vegas, NV
  11. New Jersey
  12. NC East, NC
  13. Pittsburgh, PA
  14. Rhode Island
I keep up with things like this more than most people.

I just need to know if at any point you’ve been like “whoa, did we mess up with this franchise?” CA has largely been successful with the other locations, especially compared to others, but I just feel like it HAS to happen.

Formerly Rockstar Columbia/Rock Hill

So basically they're renaming these two Rockstar locations World Cup? I'm curious was spurs all these name changes, but there's no way of knowing, really.

Is the Lancaster, PA location for World Cup also new because I've never heard of this one. Did they compete this season? The two other ones in PA have been running for a while. Aside from their Freehold teams and some of the Easton teams, it's mostly all a blur to me. I had no idea Rockstar had two PA locations either. Some of their other locations have seen some good success and then other ones I wouldn't know were on the map. Impossible to keep track even for super fans of the sport when so many places are named the same thing.

Last edited:
Back