College 2021 Nca College Nationals

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Not many hits, is it REALLY windy or something?
I really feel the inequity of programs being able to assemble for regular full contact practice coupled with multiple variations in roster changes (one athlete is out due to a positive test or potential exposure so someone is subbed in, not to mention people that just gave up and quit) is what we are seeing. Many people look at these teams and are like, well - they’ve been practicing on their Allstar team or staying in the gym- but stunt groups and teams REALLY need chemistry development and technical rhythm in order to HIT- otherwise they stay practice champions.
I’m ready for NEXT year... this year just feels mostly half-baked in most sports. I’m glad NCA is back... but I feel like NEXT year everyone and everything will be so much more energized and renewed-FRESH

Last edited:
I really feel the inequity of programs being able to assemble for regular full contact practice coupled with multiple variations in roster changes (one athlete is out due to a positive test or potential exposure so someone is subbed in, not to mention people that just gave up and quit) is what we are seeing. Many people look at these teams and are like, well - they’ve been practicing on their Allstar team or staying in the gym- but stunt groups and teams REALLY need chemistry development and technical rhythm in order to HIT- otherwise they stay practice champions.
I’m ready for NEXT year... this year just feels mostly half-baked in most sports. I’m glad NCA is back... but I feel like NEXT year everyone and everything will be so much more energized and renewed-FRESH

True! If you're in say, Texas, your ability to consistently have practice is different than a school in NY.

Or if you have had 10 positive covid tests in the last 4 months, your ability to go full out and get reps on groups with same members is not the same as someone with maybe one or none since sports resumed.

Cool to see TVCC take the title back. People are SO surprised re: Navarro not winning. I think that's because the average person does not know that TVCC is not as much the underdog as the TV show portrays. TVCC is quite the contender. They have beaten Navarro as recently as 2017. They've been hungry to take it back.

Watching Navarro makes me so angry at the basket rule changes. Like a single twisting basket isn’t safe unless 3 boys are underneath is but a two based full dismount from arabesque is totally reasonable?

Front full discount from stretch on an all girl group stunt? Safe and sound. Front full basket on an all girl group stunt? Deadly dangerous.

So stupid. Baskets are so boring now. I miss Arabian 1.5s and pike doubles. Hell I miss regular doubles!!

Watching Navarro makes me so angry at the basket rule changes. Like a single twisting basket isn’t safe unless 3 boys are underneath is but a two based full dismount from arabesque is totally reasonable?

Front full discount from stretch on an all girl group stunt? Safe and sound. Front full basket on an all girl group stunt? Deadly dangerous.

So stupid. Baskets are so boring now. I miss Arabian 1.5s and pike doubles. Hell I miss regular doubles!!

Suuuper sexist.

Weber State was incredible as usual. By far the most impressive for me. Always one of my favorites, so dang good.
Agreed. Teams like Navarro, Louisville and TVCC get talked about the most and I am not taking anything away from them because they are great teams, but Weber State is the best team in cheer - college or allstar IMO. Their skills and technique are amazing - they don't hide anything with flashy choreography so they often get overlooked. And for a relatively unknown college in an area with no obvious feeder program they have been consistently good for years. It's really impressive to me.

True! If you're in say, Texas, your ability to consistently have practice is different than a school in NY.

Or if you have had 10 positive covid tests in the last 4 months, your ability to go full out and get reps on groups with same members is not the same as someone with maybe one or none since sports resumed.
It's even more than just which states had restrictions. Some Universities cheer falls under athletics and has to follow their rules and protocols. At other Universities cheer is more independent (UK is a great example of a program that shocked me that they did not fall under the athletic department until their recent issues) and they don't have those types of restrictions. My kid's school is in an "open state", but the athletic department was very strict on what they could and couldn't do all season, and there was far more couldn't in that equation. Practices were very limited and very few full team practices because of covid protocol - my kid couldn't practice for a full week the week before Daytona and her stunt partner didn't get added back until the night before the competition - they had one short practice to make final changes. I'm sure many other colleges were in the same situation which is why you saw a lot of rough performances compared to usual. Hoping next year is back to normal!

Back