All-Star 2021 Worlds - Day 3 Discussion

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I switched over to the 24 hr delayed feed and I’m now watching yesterday’s Stars performance and I just want to cry for them.

Well I also had a kid who went next to last, right before orange and the floor was soaked.... it was brought to a spotters attention by an athlete and he said dont worry we’ll catch you . My kids skirt and shoes were still soaked the next day ..... I had to wash the skirt and hang it up to dry because she couldn’t pack it in her suitcase to go home (the skirt was wet from sitting on the mat for awards)

I realize how controversial the whole situation was and all I know is what my kid and her friends went through and none of it should have ended that way. The whole thing should have been rescheduled for Monday. Don’t even get me started on what a stupid idea the whole cheerleading on a baseball field was to even start with ...,.

Didn't USASF give out money because they knew it was bad?

And by money I mean something stupid like $100?

Well I also had a kid who went next to last, right before orange and the floor was soaked.... it was brought to a spotters attention by an athlete and he said dont worry we’ll catch you . My kids skirt and shoes were still soaked the next day ..... I had to wash the skirt and hang it up to dry because she couldn’t pack it in her suitcase to go home (the skirt was wet from sitting on the mat for awards)

I realize how controversial the whole situation was and all I know is what my kid and her friends went through and none of it should have ended that way. The whole thing should have been rescheduled for Monday. Don’t even get me started on what a stupid idea the whole cheerleading on a baseball field was to even start with ...,.
Times like this have made our coaches and athletes realize they can speak up! The kids that came out yesterday and stood there to yell there was a hole, made me proud. Years ago the kids wouldn’t have felt like they could have said anything. It’s good to see they can speak up for their safety, even if it delays the comps.

Don’t even get me started on what a stupid idea the whole cheerleading on a baseball field was to even start with ...,.

The only time I’ve been to Worlds was 2014 which I think was the first year on the field. I remember there was so much confusion about how it would work. Someone told me I wouldn’t need a session ticket so I didn’t buy one and then I couldn’t get in! I did eventually get in just in time for LAG but I remember the atmosphere just not being the same as in HP. Everyone was so spread out and the mat was so far away from the stands! Definitely not one of USASF’s finest ideas!

Now that everyone in LAG has performed I just want to say it breaks my heart every team had issues either yesterday or today and I know from experience NOBODY looks like that in their gyms and all they wanted was to show all their hard work perfectly and for the chips (placements) to fall where they may!

I’m such a fan of this division, the choreography, the magic, the skills ..... the creativity ..... LAG you were amazing!!!! Keep working hard . I pray next season the sport gets back to normal , because nothing about this season has been easy for any of them!

#largeseniorlove

The only time I’ve been to Worlds was 2014 which I think was the first year on the field. I remember there was so much confusion about how it would work. Someone told me I wouldn’t need a session ticket so I didn’t buy one and then I couldn’t get in! I did eventually get in just in time for LAG but I remember the atmosphere just not being the same as in HP. Everyone was so spread out and the mat was so far away from the stands! Definitely not one of USASF’s finest ideas!

I’m sorry you went through that! Watching a sport you love just shouldn’t ever be that hard!!

Latest posts

Back