All-Star Age Changes?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Unpopular opinion, I think they should allow some flexibility for age brackets for D2 gyms. D1 gyms shouldn't have a problem fielding teams with appropriate age guidelines.
I feel the same way. I understood the argument that the tighter age grid could make things hard for smaller gyms but large gyms should not have any issues forming teams within that age grid. I think it would be better if D1 had the original 2017 age grid and D2 had a slightly looser one though not as loose as what it is now.

Saw this on twitter:
That's literally sticking a freshman in high school with a kindergartener....

I kind of chuckled at that but my daughter was on a junior team that was split between middle school kids and HS freshmen and then a bunch of really little kids. The team dynamics were a little weird and the team honestly didn't bond very well.

Unpopular opinion, I think they should allow some flexibility for age brackets for D2 gyms. D1 gyms shouldn't have a problem fielding teams with appropriate age guidelines.

Agree. My CP was so excited to finally get away from the fetuses- however this makes it worse. The level of maturity is just not there. It's not fun for the older girls to feel like they have to "babysit"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seriously?! 5 year old on Junior teams? Like, I realize they already are, but I was geniunely happy to see the bottom age group on that division.

I'm glad we're done with All-Star, at this point. USASF is out of their minds.

14 and below, so no bottom age at all. So 5 is actually higher than what it was.
Now the age grid that was released a couple months ago had it at 8, but the "new" changes are really just putting back to what it was.

Interesting. There may not have been a bottom, but now that we said it, here come the crazies. Lol.

Curious: do any higher level Junior teams have kids on them THAT young?

There's never been an age minimum for juniors so it is exactly how it's been for years.
This isn't a ground breaking announcement and suddenly gyms will be allowed to put 5 year olds on junior teams-they just added a number there where as before it was listed as 14 and under. No cause for shock.

Back